Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   VHS & Exploitation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=573)
-   -   Scrutinizing Sasquatch Cinema of the Seventies. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/vhs-exploitation/8836-scrutinizing-sasquatch-cinema-seventies.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd June 2012 05:54 PM

Scrutinizing Sasquatch Cinema of the Seventies.

If anyone's interested I've just posted up an essay I wrote back last year in my final term of Uni. Titled Scrutinizing Sasquatch Cinema of the Seventies, the paper details Bigfoot films - especially of the 70s - and their cultural relevance regarding race, gender, sexuality, nature vs industry and a few other things.

This was one of the essays I was most proud off and got me a very high first. The subject has never been written about before (something I tried to do with all my essays), so it's very original and, I thought, pretty interesting too! Because the subject is so un-explored and the films are so obscure, this required a tonne of research where I found some fascinating things. As much as everyone hypes up uni, I rather hated it but I did really enjoy the writing and research, especially since for the majority of the essays I wrote focused on my biggest passions.

You can check it out here if you like - Scrutinizing Sasquatch Cinema of the Seventies. (Kyle Daniels) - Academia.edu

:)

Gojirosan 5th June 2012 02:34 PM

I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you, Kyle.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th June 2012 03:10 PM

Brilliant! Glad to hear you enjoyed it,Goj. Hopefully you learned some stuff :p :thumb:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2012 03:17 PM

I also enjoyed your essay Kyle. :thumb:

I mustn't have seen too many Sasquatch films though as i can't think of any i've watched where they have anal intercourse with cows. :lol:

Despite mentioning a load of crap sci-fi channel flicks you failed to even give a nod to Hammer's The Abominable Snowman. :tsk:

Gojirosan 5th June 2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 247966)
Brilliant! Glad to hear you enjoyed it,Goj. Hopefully you learned some stuff :p :thumb:

Yes, I learnt that if I die without seeing Gianfranco Parolini's Yeti: Giant Of The 20th Century then my life with have been for nothing.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th June 2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 247974)
Yes, I learnt that if I die without seeing Gianfranco Parolini's Yeti: Giant Of The 20th Century then my life with have been for nothing.

Definetly do check it out if you can -its utter crazy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 247968)
I also enjoyed your essay Kyle. :thumb:

I mustn't have seen too many Sasquatch films though as i can't think of any i've watched where they have anal intercourse with cows. :lol:

Despite mentioning a load of crap sci-fi channel flicks you failed to even give a nod to Hammer's The Abominable Snowman. :tsk:

Thanks Dem. Those sassy's love a bit of anal cow intercourse!

That's the trouble with wordcounts. I think that was a good 800+ words over the limit already (not including the bib/filmography!) - very naughty. I'll dedicate a whole chapter to The Abominable Snowman when I turn it into a book one day :P ... maybe.

zane 22nd June 2012 09:07 PM

Very interesting essay and easy to read even for me. I also like that you mention the Academy Award winning Legend Of Bigfoot by Harry Winer :clap:.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd June 2012 10:04 AM

Thank you Zane - I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

mark meakin 23rd June 2012 10:43 PM

This might be up your street Kyle if you've not seen it .Great cover.:-
Big Foot - Das größte Monster seit King Kong: Amazon.de: Christopher Mitchum, John Carradine, Joi Lansing, Richard A. Podolar, Robert Slatzer: Filme & TV

Hawkmonger 24th June 2012 01:12 PM

Cracking essay, Kyle!:clap: