Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2009, 04:17 PM
Ex-member

I've found that Cinemageddon has two versions up on their site, I feel I'm going to break my no downloading rule on this one; After all, no DVD company has the stones to release this film, as only about a handful of people would ever buy it.
Old 12th January 2009, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyone think of any other TROMA 'classics' not already mentioned?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th January 2009, 06:57 PM
Ex-member

Though no classic, I've got a soft spot for Stuck On You!
Old 12th January 2009, 06:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A comedy Noss....never seen that....
Almar,what type of Troma's did your client have in mind?
Was it just the horror films or maybe a bit of everything?
Hope you don't mind me asking!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th January 2009, 07:20 PM
Ex-member

Stuck On You is the best of the four pre-Toxie Kaufman directed sex comedies, but don't let reviews like "This is the absolutely worst movie I have ever seen and the only movie in my life where I have walked out of the theatre before the end of the film. I don't know how anyone can produce such pure garbage. Totally moronic!" put you off seeing it though.
Old 12th January 2009, 07:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A classic then Noss?

Old 12th January 2009, 08:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
A comedy Noss....never seen that....
Almar,what type of Troma's did your client have in mind?
Was it just the horror films or maybe a bit of everything?
Hope you don't mind me asking!
Actually I don't know - we'd bandied about some titles a while back - the usual suspects but I held off pushing it because I thought it likely needed a decent launch but wasn't quite sure in my mind if it would work. We were due to meet-up last week to have a chat but that got postponed so once that's back on maybe I'll have more to report. I should also have news on a US horror label coming on over the waters this year - could be an interesting year.
Old 12th January 2009, 09:05 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
A classic then Noss?
It is in a way, I've been trying to find the trailer for it online so you can judge for yourself.

It's in the Screamingroom

Last edited by NossB; 12th January 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:06 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Bravo used to show alot of Troma films/releases with a short intro show to the films featuring two guys and a gorgeous blonde with massive tits. I don't think it was 'Troma Edge TV', which is an extra on some Troma discs featuring Lloyd Kaufman. Not sure what the name of the programme was, but it would make a decent extra - I'd like to see those tits...erm, that show, again.

'Poultrygeist' is fantastic. Infact, its quickly become one of my all time faves. Hilarious, bloody, well acted, some fine songs....'Citizen Toxie' was great too, as was 'Terror Firmer'. They've done some great stuff over the last 10 years. Infact, some of the best films in the last 10 years. The original 'Toxic Avenger' is another fave, and it would be good to see the uncut VHS version that sneaked out in the UK as that was the fullest version ever released (inc. Melvin tripping in the garden on his way out to the club - I miss that brief shot). 'Class of Nuke 'Em High' is another Troma goodie, but like Toxie 2 & 3, the sequels aren't any good.

Of some of the Troma pickups, 'Redneck Zombies' I shouldn't like, as its pretty crappy, but it actually has its moments and some chuckles, and 'Rabid Grannies' is great fun uncut. I'd like to see 'Frostbiter' again, but remember it being possibly very wanky.

Wade through the crap, and Troma have done a lot of good stuff, and Lloyd Kaufman is a comedy genius. His appearance on the Morton Downey Jnr. show would be a good extra on a disc. I'd love to see a UK label release these uncut in the UK with some neat-o extras (like that Bravo show), even though I have some of the Troma discs, I'd double dip in support for much of the above.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:19 PM
Ex-member

I think the show that Troma produced for Bravo was called TROMA’S BASEMENT.

Like this? Share it using the links below!