Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2010, 09:53 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I got the big boxset of all the movies and the cartoon series. Pretty sure that the movies are all the full cuts on there (the boxset is unrated and seems to be aiming for the ultimate collection for fans). I think the UK version of the first one has got a stupid amount cut out from what I've heard from other people. Guessing the UK copies of the sequels will have the same problem too.

and yeah bizarre eye, I kind of have been meaning to watch Combat Shock and Last Horror Movie for a while.
I also have this boxset and besides the Jap version of II being longer, Toxie 1 is also missing the sandwich sticking to the dude's face scene, which was one of my favourites! No idea why this was omitted, but it is on there as a n extra scene in the special features.
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:56 AM
Cult Rookie

I found Redneck Zombies quite poor but acceptable enough. Credit to the people for trying. It does have it's merits but could've been so much more.

The Blood Boobs & Beast documentary is also an EXCELLENT Troma release.
It features the doc about movie director Don Dohler and comes with the uncut version of NightBeast.
Old 6th August 2011, 02:09 AM
Cultist

any news on the uk releases metioned earlier in this tread
i wanna start getting some troma titles
i hope they do get a uk distributer
i have been looking on amazon and the prices a pretty shocking and the troma site is even worse with there postage
Old 6th August 2011, 12:14 PM
Cult Rookie

They won't release them in their uncut form over here. Troma movies have been around for years and they have never released them in similar editions to the US versions in the UK, just crappy cut versions that they have sold on to even cheaper distributors (i.e. The TA 1-3 movies).

You can get them for fairly reasonable amounts online. Amazon is normally the best place (maybe they were just going through a bad patch when you checked) if not try ebay.

Just make sure you know what to expect from the film before ordering. A lot of the time with the Troma buy-in stuff they look great but are most of the time awful. In itself that's all well and good but you wouldn't want to pay a lot for them.

As for buying from the Troma website if you live anywhere other than America, thta's a big no-no. They always have had, frankly, mental postage costs. Even when they sold VHS they wanted extraordinary prices for shipping. I don't know why they do it, they'd be better off just saying they don't do international shipping.
A friend of mine was almost charged £80 for postage on their site, luckily he realised and got the dvd elsewhere.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:40 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schramm View Post
They won't release them in their uncut form over here. Troma movies have been around for years and they have never released them in similar editions to the US versions in the UK, just crappy cut versions that they have sold on to even cheaper distributors (i.e. The TA 1-3 movies).

You can get them for fairly reasonable amounts online. Amazon is normally the best place (maybe they were just going through a bad patch when you checked) if not try ebay.

Just make sure you know what to expect from the film before ordering. A lot of the time with the Troma buy-in stuff they look great but are most of the time awful. In itself that's all well and good but you wouldn't want to pay a lot for them.

As for buying from the Troma website if you live anywhere other than America, thta's a big no-no. They always have had, frankly, mental postage costs. Even when they sold VHS they wanted extraordinary prices for shipping. I don't know why they do it, they'd be better off just saying they don't do international shipping.
A friend of mine was almost charged £80 for postage on their site, luckily he realised and got the dvd elsewhere.
cheers
the mains films i want are
the toxic avenger complete collection
nuke em high boxed set
poultryguiest
redneck zombies
combat shock
surf nazis must die
tromeo and juilet
luther the geek
great avatar btw i ****ing love critters
Old 6th August 2011, 07:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Cheers man, ok those are all pretty easy to get. Any that are directed by Lloyd Kaufman are easy to pick up and if you shop around you'll get a good deal. The discs themselves are crammed full of extras. Sometimes with documentaries that are as long as the movies themselves.

Amazon and Ebay are probably the best places. The Toxic Avenger box set and Class box sets will be the most. But that's because they are limited and, obviously, box sets.

Class (1) and Tromeo are out on Blu-ray now and are superb. They are region 0 so you don't have to have a multi-region Blu-ray player. Tromeo certainly comes with a few more extras than the dvd(s)

If you want, check out my YouTube channel (Schramm29) and see my Troma Collection (it's pretty extensive), I talk a little about the movies, which ones are good, which aren't, mention the best editions etc.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:31 PM
Cultist

cheers for all the help
Old 31st March 2016, 05:48 AM
Cult Master

Southwark Playhouse | The Toxic Avenger Musical Stage Play
Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th April 2016, 09:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

Everything decent goes to bloody London! it's hardly the centre of the flipping uk. It's an English conspiracy to piss off the Scottish
Old 27th April 2016, 03:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Review - The Toxic Avenger (Southwark Playhouse)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!