Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > The VHS Vaults

Like Tree290Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2011, 05:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
I'll keep my eyes peeled up North for anything your missing from the Palace set. I chucked most of my videos a few years back and only really have my Star Wars collection left with my pride & joy being the Executor tin.
that star wars set looks awesome

picked up a few goodies today the first is one i always loved as a kid and the cover art is great!

secondly i got turkey shoot , i have never seen this fiilm, i used to own it on dvd but never got around to watching it, sounds quite good though.

then i saw this and to be honest haven't got a clue why i picked it up but i did, its in a clamshell case and is not a film i would watch normally but something about it made me spend my hard earned 25p on it :P

tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, i am going to the local car boot sale at 8am then at 10am im going to be travelling 50 miles to pick up my 56 VHS that i won on eBay for 99p :P so should be a good day
Old 7th May 2011, 05:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Ooh,that's a nice Vestron Return of the Living Dead!
Except for the Tartan dvd (tape master I think),the old vhs tapes are the only ones which have the original theatrical version.

Turkey Shoot is lots of fun as well!
Kyle likes this.
Old 7th May 2011, 05:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

nice! didnt know that, its been a long while since i watched it but will soon
Old 8th May 2011, 03:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

secondly i got turkey shoot , i have never seen this fiilm, i used to own it on dvd but never got around to watching it, sounds quite good though.

Hmm, it seems we have been watching the same auctions lol . I think I may have some competition here ....
Kyle likes this.
Old 8th May 2011, 06:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

well the comp may be on your side soon as i am slowly running out of cash
Old 8th May 2011, 12:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The old VHS editions of TURKEY SHOOT were massacred by the bbfc - over 5 mins were removed!
Old 8th May 2011, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The old VHS editions of TURKEY SHOOT were massacred by the bbfc - over 5 mins were removed!
eek! think the one i got is cut?

today has been an awesome day for me, got up in the morning and went to the local car boot sale, didnt expect to get anything to be honest, the rain was quite bad when 9i woke up so thought most people wouldn't be at the sale.

the first stall i saw had so many vhs but every single one was a friends tape then the stall next to that one had a huge box full of tapes too and this is what i found in it

after that find all the other stalls had the usual crap on them so i went home, an hour later i was on my way to pick up a load of VHS that i won on ebay for £1, it was 56 tapes and i will be keeping 23 of them the rest were just naff, things like ian botham tape,trivial pursuit and titanic :P this is the ones i will keep.

will post better pics of any of them if wanted
Old 8th May 2011, 05:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think yours is the pre-cert and I'm not sure if its cut or not. The cinema version, the Guild Vhs from 1987 and the Vipco release from 1993 were definitely cut.

Nice haul btw, you got one of the 90's Vipco tapes that I need - SAVAGE INTRUDER.
Old 8th May 2011, 05:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Some nice finds Kyle!
And that £1 lot was an absolute bargain I think!
Kyle likes this.
Old 8th May 2011, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I think yours is the pre-cert and I'm not sure if its cut or not. The cinema version, the Guild Vhs from 1987 and the Vipco release from 1993 were definitely cut.

Nice haul btw, you got one of the 90's Vipco tapes that I need - SAVAGE INTRUDER.
you want it mate? not sure if im going for a whole collection or not yet, if your coming Manchester i can give it you then

Like this? Share it using the links below!