Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Viva
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2013, 03:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Most of his posts are justified IMO, they really have gone downhill, so much that I can't see them getting any of my money for awhile (unless the next set of announcements are of interest to me).
I do wish them well with these two releases, but I can't see them selling many copies TBH, there's far too much competiton out there these days from companies that release films with a multitude of extras and not just trailers for other titles, shame really as they introduced me to a lot of films I'd never heard of before
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd August 2013, 03:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Most of his posts are justified IMO,
I think what Nos was referring to is that he has nothing positive to say and doesn't contribute anywhere else on the forum except to moan about Shameless.
Old 23rd August 2013, 03:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think what Nos was referring to is that he has nothing positive to say and doesn't contribute anywhere else on the forum except to moan about Shameless.
Ah right, I only read his last couple of posts.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd August 2013, 03:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ah right, I only read his last couple of posts.
I think he's only made 12 posts and they are all moans about Shameless.
Old 23rd August 2013, 03:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I think he's only made 12 posts and they are all moans about Shameless.
Yeah, just checked, makes my post pretty irrelevant now
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd August 2013, 04:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, just checked, makes my post pretty irrelevant now
All your posts are pretty irrelevant.

Sorry but you put that on a plate and served it with a nice salad.
Old 23rd August 2013, 04:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
All your posts are pretty irrelevant.

Sorry but you put that on a plate and served it with a nice salad.
Walked right into that one didn't I
Old 24th August 2013, 08:47 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That was exactly my point because, as you identified, lfulci has only posted in this section. That's fine, but I had an issue with the tone and the lack of constructive criticism.

Shameless will be made aware of the responses to the two new announced titles – I'd also like more polizzioteschi, gialli and slashers but I'm intrigued by these two and will add them to my collection. In the end, it's a consumer driven market and no one is forcing you to buy their releases and I'm sure Shameless will be able to use the sales figures to tell which types of films are selling best. I certainly don't admonish them for trying something new. After all, Almost Human was a move away from previous releases and that was extremely popular.

Anyway, enough of this – back to topic!
Old 24th August 2013, 09:26 AM
Cult Rookie

As stated before I DO VERY MUCH like my shameless releases. As stated, I appear to have collected nearly all of teir releases, except the animal-horror flicks.
In a way I was probably too disappointed seeing Shameless leaving their line of releasing titles that were either amost unknown or only released in cut-editions. I simply don't understand what makes them release only 4 titles in the past 2 years as they have been so busy putting out titles in the years before.

I don't see why almost human was a "move away from previous releases", as it is italian-mid-70s cinema such as The Cats told from the culprit's view or with the culprit as anti-hero. Imo House at the edge of the park also is in this direction (e.g. no police, no investigations involved)

But then again. Why isn't it possible for Shameless to put out other "sought-after"-flicks any more thst would manifest their position as a company that engages in realese not everyday-films further on?
Why not releas the films of Apostolof if it has to be (s)explotation; i.e. Five Loose Women or The Divorcee? Or Gradiva by Alain Robbe-Grillet if it has to be an 20xx-film?
Old 5th September 2013, 10:40 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

WELCOME BACK SHAMELESS!

It's been wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too long

Like this? Share it using the links below!