Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Viva (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   Exploitation Throwback Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/viva/11520-exploitation-throwback-films.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th November 2013 12:44 PM

Exploitation Throwback Films

Hi all,

Viva is a great fun film - a superb throwback to sexploitation films of years past. Recently, there has been quite a few films paying homage to exploitation movies from the 60s-80s (probably sparked by Grindhouse), but which ones have you seen? Which films would you recommend?

These are films which are not necessarily set in a different period, but designed to look and feel just like an older exploitation film. There's loads out there, so let us know some of the ones you've seen!

Viva will be released by Shameless Screen Entertainment on the 18th November. Pick up yours here!

Nordicdusk 4th November 2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 375606)
Hi all,

Viva is a great fun film - a superb throwback to sexploitation films of years past. Recently, there has been quite a few films paying homage to exploitation movies from the 60s-80s (probably sparked by Grindhouse), but which ones have you seen? Which films would you recommend?

These are films which are not necessarily set in a different period, but designed to look and feel just like an older exploitation film. There's loads out there, so let us know some of the ones you've seen!

Viva will be released by Shameless Screen Entertainment on the 18th November. Pick up yours here!

Do all Shameless releases sell for that cheap when they come out ?

Demoncrat 5th November 2013 02:08 PM

Run Bitch Run. Felt this had all the hallmarks of an older film, in that it takes forever to get "started" haha. Others may disagree, but I'l watch this over any of that fake Grindhouse pap.

Also must plug Dear God No!! as it is tons of fun imo. ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 375661)
Do all Shameless releases sell for that cheap when they come out ?

Is £11 cheap? :shocked:

Boo Radley 5th November 2013 03:52 PM

Hora! aka Whore!. A rip of I Spit, complete with scratches, burns and even a missing reel! Available from AWE, avoid like the plague. Utter shite! :shocked:

Edit; Let me clarify "missing reel" for you. Ok, really crap I Spit, past the rape (s), revenge time!! Guy in bath, you know the dick cutting scene is coming...."Flap, flap, flap, burnout, white screen, missing reel card, back to film, she walks out, all over."
NOOOOO! Just NO!! Bastards!

Nordicdusk 5th November 2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 375838)
Is £11 cheap? :shocked:

Over here it really is cheap. As Gag will tell you when he was in Ireland this place is :censored: expensive.