Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Washing Machine (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=537)
-   -   Which Ruggero Deodato Movies Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/washing-machine/12522-ruggero-deodato-movies-have-you-seen.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th August 2014 05:20 PM

Which Ruggero Deodato Movies Have You Seen?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

Ruggero Deodato is perhaps one of the most controversial and twisted directors of all time. Being synonymous with Video Nasties, Cannibal films, Italian horror and extreme horror, it's no wonder!

With the special tin release of Ruggero Deodato's gruesome and rarely seen giallo, The Washing Machine out in just a couple of weeks, here's a thread to chat about all the Deodato movies that you've seen.

Vote for your ones you've watched above and let us know your thoughts below..

Nordicdusk 4th August 2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 413190)
Hi everyone,

Ruggero Deodato is perhaps one of the most controversial and twisted directors of all time. Being synonymous with Video Nasties, Cannibal films, Italian horror and extreme horror, it's no wonder!

With the special tin release of Ruggero Deodato's gruesome and rarely seen giallo, The Washing Machine out in just a couple of weeks, here's a thread to chat about all the Deodato movies that you've seen.

Vote for your ones you've watched above and let us know your thoughts below..

How limited are these tins?

Susan Foreman 4th August 2014 05:56 PM

At time of writing, I have seen...

Last Cannibal World - which I really don't remember much about
Cannibal Holocaust - which is an absolute classic
The House On The Edge Of The Park - which is incredibly powerful, even in the butchered VIPCO release

As far as I'm concerned, Ruggero Deodato is a director much like John Waters - I think everyone should see their films, but personally I am very uncomfortable recommending titles to people who are unfamiliar with their work, and it is impossible for me to sit down and actually watch something with a person who doesn't know what they are letting themselves in for!

Nordicdusk 4th August 2014 05:59 PM

Cannibal Holocaust and House On The Edge Of The Park are the only two i have seen i have Phantom Of Death which i will watch during the week.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th August 2014 06:05 PM

I've seen all of the poll choices (and more!)

I'm really looking forward to this new release of The Washing Machine. No doubt it will be far superior to my Thai DVD.

Andra Jai 4th August 2014 06:08 PM

I still can't believe we haven't yet seen a release of Raiders of Atlantis

Talk about long overdue

JAMIOUSE 4th August 2014 06:16 PM

I've seen a fair few - Cannibal Holocaust, Jungle Holocaust, Mountain of the Cannibal God, House on the Edge, Phantom of Death, Live Like a Cop and Suspected Death of a Minor. The last one seems to have mostly forgotten since Sazuma / Camera Obscura released it on DVD years ago.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 413209)
I've seen a fair few - Cannibal Holocaust, Jungle Holocaust, Mountain of the Cannibal God, House on the Edge, Phantom of Death, Live Like a Cop and Suspected Death of a Minor. The last one seems to have mostly forgotten since Sazuma / Camera Obscura released it on DVD years ago.

It will be seeing as it wasn't Deodato...t'was Martino. As was Mountain of the Cannibal God.

monkeypedro 4th August 2014 07:16 PM

The one Deodato movie i have been after for ages is the post-apocalyptic movie The Lone Runner with Miles O'Keefe.

Rik 4th August 2014 07:25 PM

I've only seen the two Cannibal films, THOTEOTP, Cut and Run and Phantom of Death, but I do have The Washing Machine pre-ordered and am really looking forward to checking it out, it's intrigued me ever since reading about it in the FAB PRESS Deodato book years ago :nod: