Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > Welcome to The Fifth Dimension

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
Hi
the name is Tristan and I live in Northamptonshire.
I heard about the forums via The Twilight Zone podcast (I think)
Absolutely love The Twilight Zone and have done since I bought one of those VHS compilations back in the early 1990's-it had Five Characters in Search of an Exit, People Are Alike All Over and some others.
I just bought the Blu-ray of Season 1 and am in heaven
Hi Tristan. Welcome to the forums. It's always good to make a listeners acquaintance! Look forward to talking some Twilight Zone with you

And I know what you mean about the blu.
Old 11th May 2011, 08:12 PM
Cultist

Hello everybody, especially Tom. Being a long time fan of TZ since I first watched in the 70's as a kid. I was downloading the latest Kermode podcast on itunes and typed in 'Twilight Zone' into the search tab. I was delighted to see the TZ podcast come up and downloaded the lot. When I first put it on I was expecting to hear an American waxing lyrical about the show, imagine my surprise to hear a fellow Liverpudlian telling me all I need to know! Keep up the good work Tom.
Old 11th May 2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the human man View Post
Hello everybody, especially Tom. Being a long time fan of TZ since I first watched in the 70's as a kid. I was downloading the latest Kermode podcast on itunes and typed in 'Twilight Zone' into the search tab. I was delighted to see the TZ podcast come up and downloaded the lot. When I first put it on I was expecting to hear an American waxing lyrical about the show, imagine my surprise to hear a fellow Liverpudlian telling me all I need to know! Keep up the good work Tom.
Ha! Brilliant

It's good to see you here! Thanks for listening and visiting the forum. You wouldn't be the same Liverpudlian who left the review on iTunes a few weeks back would you?

- Just as a side note to all new members, to be in with a chance to win an original pen and ink drawing of Rod Serling, just participate in heat 1 of The Ultimate Cult Labs Twilight Zone episode for any threads you like and you're in the draw.

Last edited by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs; 12th May 2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12th May 2011, 05:39 PM
Cultist

Not me Tom but I've left a review today. I've just ordered the new bluray of series 1, how does it measure up on this format? I'll have curtail my listening to the podcasts until I've watched my discs as I either haven't seen, or can't remember a lot of the episodes and your podcasts are ruining them
I first remember watching TZ with my dad when I was a kid along with The Outer Limits and then the late 80's late night showings after staggering in from a club in my late teens and just loving it. Me and my mates used to sit in the pub discussing the episodes we'd watched, one lad who couldn't keep away from fruit machines was taunted with 'Fraaankliin.' Sad I know.
Two that stick in my mind are 'Willoughby' and a time travel one with Dana Andrews in it, I look forward to your comments on these. Keep up the good work mate.
Old 12th May 2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Not me Tom but I've left a review today. I've just ordered the new bluray of series 1, how does it measure up on this format? I'll have curtail my listening to the podcasts until I've watched my discs as I either haven't seen, or can't remember a lot of the episodes and your podcasts are ruining them
I first remember watching TZ with my dad when I was a kid along with The Outer Limits and then the late 80's late night showings after staggering in from a club in my late teens and just loving it. Me and my mates used to sit in the pub discussing the episodes we'd watched, one lad who couldn't keep away from fruit machines was taunted with 'Fraaankliin.' Sad I know.
Two that stick in my mind are 'Willoughby' and a time travel one with Dana Andrews in it, I look forward to your comments on these. Keep up the good work mate.
Ah then I have two listeners close to home! Cheers for the review, always appreciated

I hope I haven't ruined too many episodes for you My plan is to do every ep on one podcast each so people can pick and choose which ones to listen to depending on what they've seen.

They hold up brilliantly on the blu format, I have all the old DVD box sets and was planning on keeping them because they're nice boxes, but I might just eBay them to be honest. I don't think there's any going back after blu!

Enjoy the blus sir, let us know what you think.
Old 12th May 2011, 07:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Welcome Tristan and the human man.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:09 AM
Cultist

Got the Blurays yesterday and I'm 2 episodes in already. My only disappointment is the screen appears in a box format. Is it 4:3?? I've tried to alter it to widescreen to no avail. I'm loving it so far though. Just one little observation from Episode 1, is that the same backlot used on Back To The Future and Forest Gump? I visited it on a trip to Universal Studios in California a few years back before it was destroyed by a fire.
Old 17th May 2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Got the Blurays yesterday and I'm 2 episodes in already. My only disappointment is the screen appears in a box format. Is it 4:3?? I've tried to alter it to widescreen to no avail. I'm loving it so far though.
Are you watching on a PS3? I seem to find that TV shows that are 4:3 always show up as 4:3 on my PS3, but my other player will stretch them to fit the widescreen TV. I'm kind of used to it now though, so I tend to use the PS3.
Old 17th May 2011, 08:00 PM
Cultist

I'm watching on a Blu ray player Tom. Never mind I can live with it!
Old 17th May 2011, 09:49 PM
Active Cultist

I don't mind the 4:3 ratio to the TZ. I'm watching the blu rays on a panasonic player and at least the bars at the side are black, normally they're bright gray on most of my other full screen tv sets.

Like this? Share it using the links below!