Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > Welcome to The Fifth Dimension
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2011, 10:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by it'smebilly View Post
I don't mind the 4:3 ratio to the TZ. I'm watching the blu rays on a panasonic player and at least the bars at the side are black, normally they're bright gray on most of my other full screen tv sets.
Do you mean on a Panasonic tv, bars at the side when watching 4:3 programs etc, are gray? If so, you can change them to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Active Cultist

Yes I meant to say tv but both are panasonic. I thought it might have been just dvd's that played with the gray bars for some reason. Odd that TZ on blu ray has the black bars though. Do you know how to change it?
Old 18th May 2011, 08:00 AM
Cultist

Same here mate, Panasonic tv and Bluray. I've tried every setting on the tv and player. I'm used to it now.
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 27th May 2011, 08:43 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Hi all. Been away for a week, a little break from the 5th Dimension. Lots to post this week! Starting with a new blog entry and some great review links over the weekend. Look forward to catching up with everyone again.
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Twilight Zone memories and new a experience of the Twilight Zone

Hi, I'm Kevin. I'm 33 and I first watched the Twilight Zone with my Dad when I was in my early teens. I only ever watched re-runs of course and it was only occassionally on TV, so with the new Blu-ray boxsets coming out now I'm really excited to watch them all back-to-back... well not litterally back-to-back but almost! I'm hooked. The 36 episodes on the first season boxset seem to represent excellent value for money. I can hardly wait for season two!
Old 8th June 2011, 12:55 PM
Cult Rookie

Default black bars on tv

it's just the format that it was shot in originally, they didn't have widescreen back in the 50s and 60s! I'm 99.9% certain that you are not going to be able to change the ratio on your tv to view it any other way. but hey just get wathcing the show and soon you'll be so immersed in the show that I'm sure you'll hardly notice. plus if you were able to tweak it to get it in 9:16 instead of 4:3 or (whatever it is!) it'd no doubt look stretched and awful. just try to enjoy the show and enjoy the beautiful HD quality image as it was intended!!
Old 8th June 2011, 01:16 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Hi, I'm Kevin. I'm 33 and I first watched the Twilight Zone with my Dad when I was in my early teens. I only ever watched re-runs of course and it was only occassionally on TV, so with the new Blu-ray boxsets coming out now I'm really excited to watch them all back-to-back... well not litterally back-to-back but almost! I'm hooked. The 36 episodes on the first season boxset seem to represent excellent value for money. I can hardly wait for season two!
Hey Kevin! Good to have you here Sir! Look forward to talking some Twilight Zone with you
Old 8th June 2011, 08:21 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
it's just the format that it was shot in originally, they didn't have widescreen back in the 50s and 60s! I'm 99.9% certain that you are not going to be able to change the ratio on your tv to view it any other way. but hey just get wathcing the show and soon you'll be so immersed in the show that I'm sure you'll hardly notice. plus if you were able to tweak it to get it in 9:16 instead of 4:3 or (whatever it is!) it'd no doubt look stretched and awful. just try to enjoy the show and enjoy the beautiful HD quality image as it was intended!!
Yes i'm used to it now Kev. I've watched all but 5 episodes in just over a week and I'll deffo be watching them again. It's amazing how well it holds up, give or take the odd episode. Welcome to the forum btw
Old 8th June 2011, 08:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm a huge fan, have been since I was a kid. It was the Channel 4 run of the original series in the 1980s that really got me hooked. I still haven't seen all the original series! Hopefully I will be able to afford to watch them on Blu-Ray!

Along with The Prisoner and Twin Peaks, the original The Twilight Zone is probably my favourite TV show of all time.

Loved the 80s revival too, but have not, yet, seen anything of the latest series.
Old 8th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Cultist

Don't know if you're old enough mate or Tom might remember, there was a nightclub in Liverpool, at the bottom of Duke street called The Twilight Zone.
Even the lettering above the door was the same.

Like this? Share it using the links below!