Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Welcome to The Fifth Dimension (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Come Introduce Yourself - In The Fifth Dimension! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/welcome-fifth-dimension/4758-come-introduce-yourself-fifth-dimension.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 01:25 PM

Come Introduce Yourself - In The Fifth Dimension!

Are you a fan of The Twilight Zone - either the 60s series, the 80s, the movie or the last incarnation this century?

If so introduce yourself here and give us a flavour of what you'll be discussing on this official forum for the UK DVD and Blu-ray release.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 01:47 PM

How cool that this is happening here in the UK and Cult Labs is the place to talk about it. I adore The Twilight Zone. I think for a fifty year old television show it's as popular today as ever.

In fact, in Novemeber of last year I started a podcast dedicated to The Twilight Zone:

The Twilight Zone Podcast

And the numbers instantly went through the roof; there's still a big desire out there for this show.

So shameless plug aside, I'm Tom, the host of The Twilight Zone Podcast and right now I'm as happy as anything!

Almar@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGGPodcast (Post 130555)
How cool that this is happening here in the UK and Cult Labs is the place to talk about it. I adore The Twilight Zone. I think for a fifty year old television show it's as popular today as ever.

In fact, in Novemeber of last year I started a podcast dedicated to The Twilight Zone:

The Twilight Zone Podcast

And the numbers instantly went through the roof; there's still a big desire out there for this show.

So shameless plug aside, I'm Tom, the host of The Twilight Zone Podcast and right now I'm as happy as anything!

How true! I knew there was a big fan lurking somewhere - well this is going to be one exciting year - lots of TZ and it looks incredible on Blu and actually on the new DVDs too.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 07:28 PM

Excellent stuff!

All fans feel free to wade in with anything TZ related!

antmumford 23rd February 2011 09:06 PM

I've never seen a single episode. I don't even know what it's about to be honest which is terrible of me yet I know it's massive. I'm gonna have to trawl these threads and start falling in love aren't I? :nod:

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 23rd February 2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 130691)
I've never seen a single episode. I don't even know what it's about to be honest which is terrible of me yet I know it's massive. I'm gonna have to trawl these threads and start falling in love aren't I? :nod:

Much as I love it, I envy you sir seeing it for the first time on these editions if the quality is as good as the US reviews say. :nod:

antmumford 23rd February 2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGGPodcast (Post 130697)
Much as I love it, I envy you sir seeing it for the first time on these editions if the quality is as good as the US reviews say. :nod:

I've just watched the first 10 minutes of Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and it freaked me out. I know I'm gonna love it now. Must buy the BD's

The Collector's Room 24th February 2011 10:35 AM

Hello all!

My name is Luke and I am a Twilight Zone obsessive. My obsession started when a friend showed me the series many years ago. I've been hooked since. I've gone through the various DVD stages (the vol releases and the newest releases) and I look forward to further releases.

Thanks to the beauty of the Twilight Zone podcast, I am so glad to have discovered this place. For years I've wanted a place were I could "nerd out" with fellow Zoners.

WARNING - SHAMELESS PLUG!

A couple of years ago, some friends and I came up with an idea for a Twlight Zone-esque series which we could air online for free. Thus, The Collector's Room was born. Please visit the website (I can't post the URL due to post count, so... Google it?) - I would love to get some feedback from genuine Zone fans.

Look forward to the discussions!

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 130559)
How true! I knew there was a big fan lurking somewhere - well this is going to be one exciting year - lots of TZ and it looks incredible on Blu and actually on the new DVDs too.

As I've said (and others too), judging by the image quality of the US BD's, I can't wait to see these released here in the UK. I think people are going to be blown away by how good they look. And this is from someone who has only seen screencaps of them!

Kyle 28th February 2011 09:17 PM

ive never seen any either to be honest,think i might check these out soon :)