Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Wentworth Reception

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Cultist in Training

[QUOTE=mr 420;163185]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Lagger View Post
A link to that would be great I've just had a search on Amazon myself trying to guess the keywords, but nothing came up.

QUOTE]

Try typing in Prisoner Cell Block H box Set US Import on google and that will send you straight to them.

I've just placed an order for Vol 2. I'm cool with it being a random set of episodes. Thanks for your help
Old 4th July 2011, 06:19 PM
Cult Addict

[QUOTE=Phantom_Lagger;163219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post

I've just placed an order for Vol 2. I'm cool with it being a random set of episodes. Thanks for your help
No problem sir!
Old 4th July 2011, 07:16 PM
Cultist

well all the boxset is is a copy of boxset that you can get in oz and UK..so no idea why it would be called a 25th anniversary set...maybe it was when it was released

Amazon.com: Prisoner Cell Block H, Set 1 (25th Anniversary Collector's Edition): Elspeth Ballantyne, Betty Bobbitt, Sheila Florance, Maggie Kirkpatrick, Val Lehman, Patsy King, Gerda Nicolson, Colette Mann, Judith McGrath, Joy Westmore, Fiona Spe
Old 8th July 2011, 11:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi all..

Just a quick post to introduce myself to this forum...

I am Simon from Wales, I have been a massive fan of Prisoner since I first saw it in 88/89. My local ITV station was HTV and we were lucky enough to get the whole 692 episodes screened here. I got involved with the original fan club in 1989 aqnd attended various events including a 24hr sponsored Prisoner watch in Coventry (attended by Val Lehman), Maggie Kirkpatrick's fairwell party in London in 92 where I met the lady along with her guests Annie Phelan (Myra), Nigel Bradshaw (Dennis), Sally Anne Bourne (Kay Desmond), Barbara Jungwirth (Lorna Young) and Anne-Maree McDonald (Rosie Hudson).

I also attended the petition outside Central Television in Birmingham in 91 to demand that the channel re-screen Prisoner after they broadcast the final episode that very night. The fan club organised a big party at the Institue Nightclub where we watched the final episode on a giant screen as it was broadcast live on central television with Val, Judie McBurney and Fiona Spence all in attendance.

I was also invloved with the fanzine 'Blockade' with a page called 'Simon Says' which was me! I also own the set of keys used by The Freak in the show which are one of my favourite bits of memorabilia.

I was a big poster over at the original OTI forum, The Wentworth Forum and also PrisonerFanForum and I hope to contribute here much more as well.

Anyway, lots more to babble on about re my Prisoner adventures but I don't want to bore you all, haha.

Si

Last edited by simey; 9th July 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 9th July 2011, 10:28 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Welcome along, Simon. It seems you are one of the biggest fans of the show I've heard about and some of you seem pretty hard-core!

Acquiring that set of keys must have been one of the best moments in your life and one of your most treasured possessions -- kudos!
Old 9th July 2011, 11:29 AM
Cult Addict

Welcome Simey! You certainly know your Prisoner!
Old 9th July 2011, 09:33 PM
Cult Rookie

Cheers mate, thanx for the welcome.
Old 6th August 2011, 05:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi everyone, this is my first post and am really excited to get my views across on the best tv show that has ever been made
Old 6th August 2011, 05:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi Adam, welcome. I recognise your name, are you over at WF too?
Old 6th August 2011, 07:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Welcome to Cult Labs, Adam. I hope you make yourself comfortable, have a good look around, join in the debates and enjoy your time here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!