Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Wentworth Reception
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2011, 08:08 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hi Matthew, and welcome to the Official Prison Forum. It sounds like you'll fit right in with everyone else who has been watching the show for years. Enjoy your stay at Wentworth!
Old 2nd July 2011, 02:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Hi, I am from the states!

I am wondering if I can get DVDs in the states?? Love this show! Please tell me where I can get them!
Old 4th July 2011, 11:30 AM
Cult Addict

Welcome to all the new members! You will find that we're all mad about Prisoner here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katanya View Post
I am wondering if I can get DVDs in the states?? Love this show! Please tell me where I can get them!

I've just had a quick snoop on the net and found on Amazon that there is indeed a 25th Anniversary USA boxset with The Freak on the cover. I don't know what is in it, but it does run to 600 mins, so you can't complain. Hope that helps you.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:23 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Welcome to all the new members! You will find that we're all mad about Prisoner here.

I've just had a quick snoop on the net and found on Amazon that there is indeed a 25th Anniversary USA boxset with The Freak on the cover. I don't know what is in it, but it does run to 600 mins, so you can't complain. Hope that helps you.
A link to that would be great I've just had a search on Amazon myself trying to guess the keywords, but nothing came up.

Haven't looked in here in a while, but welcome to all new members. Also really really cool to see someone finally here from Blockade - loved your work, if you'd like to do more, I'd love to help! (and if you could scan the orignal issues and put them on the web, I guarantee you'll be very popular!)

I'm in the UK, but the repeats on 111 Hits in Oz seem to be bringing in an amazing amount of new fans as well as 'old lags'. There's also some great discussion on Facebook, if anyone has/is thinking about getting an account there. The official page also has some amazing contributions from Coral Drouyn, who was heavily involved in script production for many years.

Myself, I'm currently on my first complete runthrough of Prisoner and I'm totally, totally addicted.
Old 4th July 2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict

[QUOTE=Phantom_Lagger;163134]A link to that would be great I've just had a search on Amazon myself trying to guess the keywords, but nothing came up.

QUOTE]

Try typing in Prisoner Cell Block H box Set US Import on google and that will send you straight to them.
Phantom_Lagger likes this.
Old 4th July 2011, 05:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Is this the one? It comes in two volumes, this is the first:

Prisoner: Cell Block H DVD 1987 Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Elspeth Ballantyne, Betty Bobbitt, Sheila Florance, Maggie Kirkpatrick, Val Lehman, Patsy King, Gerda Nicolson, Colette Mann, Judith McGrath, Joy Westmore, Fiona Spence, Gerard Ma
Old 4th July 2011, 05:22 PM
Cult Addict

That's the ones Nos, cheers for that!
Old 4th July 2011, 05:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And this is the other:

Prisoner: Cell Block H - Set 2 DVD 1987 Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Elspeth Ballantyne, Betty Bobbitt, Sheila Florance, Maggie Kirkpatrick, Val Lehman, Patsy King, Gerda Nicolson, Colette Mann, Judith McGrath, Joy Westmore, Fiona Spence, G
Old 4th July 2011, 06:07 PM
Cultist

those are just best ofs boxsets which have been released in australia too..not sure where you are getting 25th anniversary boxset from
Old 4th July 2011, 06:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
those are just best ofs boxsets which have been released in australia too..not sure where you are getting 25th anniversary boxset from
Type in prisoner cell block h 25th anniversary box set us import in google, then if you look, the second post down is a link to amazon. Click on that to get cover. It even says it (25th anniversary collectors edition) across the top of the box.

Like this? Share it using the links below!