Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2021, 11:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
And Tuco in Good the bad and the ugly was always in the bath....
It's just Bringer of Funerals and his low hygiene levels.
Old 25th May 2021, 12:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yep it is lol
Old 25th May 2021, 01:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Rubber ducky

Clint takes s bath in High Plains Drifter... could there be a thread dedicated to hygienic cow person's???

Old 29th May 2021, 04:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Vengeance Trails: Four Classic Westerns Limited Edition

This looks a fairly interesting Arrow release....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91flo0SatFS._AC_SL1500_.jpg (95.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 91hn3jS4vnS._AC_SL1500_.jpg (100.4 KB, 59 views)

Old 29th May 2021, 05:17 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
This looks a fairly interesting Arrow release....

It's a real shame I already have three of these. Wild East released good versions of Cain and Massacre time, I have the German release of Bandidos so that just leaves Pecos that I haven't seen.
Maybe I will pick it up in a sale like the Sartana boxset.
Old 29th May 2021, 06:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Day one for me!

I've had spaghetti westerns sitting on my shelves for many years,and recently I've began to watch them.

I started off with a Van Cleef double of DAY OF ANGER and THE GRAND DUEL.

Both were fantastic and then it was great to see the young guy back in A PISTOL FOR RINGO!

DJANGO PREPARE A COFFIN was next and I felt though not quite as good as Nero in the original,Terence Hill did a good job.

Nero was next again in Texas Adios,a nice tale of revenge!

I'm really getting a taste for these!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th June 2021, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Django (1966)

Django...
After the Dollars trilogy, this has to be my of favourite Italian westerns,(lets be honest there are bloody hundreds of great Spaghetti westerns so that's a big ask )....In fact it almost out Spaghetti Leone's westerns, but falls at the last hurdle due to some rather dodgy stereotypical characters (but hey they were every where at the time, "We don't need no stinkin' badges!")....The driving force of the film is undoubtedly Franco Nero portrayal of Django, slightly more charismatic than Eastwoods character and not averse to a bit of romance either, in between machine gunning half the population, with his coffin encased Gatling gun...There is little back story to his character apart from the fact he is dressed in Union cavalry uniform and likes dragging his coffin through one of the muddiest westerns you have ever seen (the only others I can think of is Paint Your Wagon and I think McCabe and Mrs Miller,Im sure there are loads more )...And this is the other reason it stands out as precious little time is spent in the blazing desert but a rather muddy run down town, full of muddy run down towns folks and prostitutes.... Its violent, and at times unintentionally humorous, but also pretty grim in its violence and at times has some rather despicable characters in the shape of Major Jackson, and his gang of white supremacist...Sergio Corbucci has made so many great westerns, only the The Great Silence comes close to equalling Django in its intensity and bouts of doom laden violence....(and that theme song,sung by Rocky Roberts is pure cheesey gold...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00002.jpg (87.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00008.jpg (89.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00009.jpg (94.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00004.jpg (96.7 KB, 1 views)

Old 12th March 2022, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Beast. 1970.

Our favourite bad tempered actor Klaus Kinski stars in this Spaghetti Western as johnny, who seems to attempt and fail to rape every single woman he comes across, while a woman seeks her inheritance and a gang of bandits who want the money.

This wasn't too bad of a movie as there is always the villain and the heroic good guy, everytime Kinski is on screen and a woman enters it is like "here we go again". Mario Costa who directed this obviously knew how to make a decent enjoyable western with a great set of cast members and a great background score by Stelvio Cipriani and nice cinematography by Luciano Trasatti, this is worth checking out.

images.jpg
Old 13th September 2022, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Fistful of Dollars (1964)

The film that kicked off both the Spaghetti Western genre outside Italy and also the career of star Clint Eastwood.

Sergio Leoni's take on the Japanese Samurai classic Yojimbo (1961) is a thrilling, violent and seriously cool slice of cinema. So much so that it revitalised the then flagging American western genre as later traditional sixties American films such as Major Dundee (1965), The Professionals (1966), Bandolero (1968) and 69's The Wild Bunch among others certainly showed the influence of Leoni and his Dollars trilogy.

The Blu-ray i finally got round to buying is nicely stacked with extras often hosted by the excellent Sir Christopher Frayling who is pretty much the Kim Newman of Spaghetti Westerns. Oh how i envy Frayling's original poster collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005767R1.jpg (104.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 13th September 2022, 09:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I do find it bizarre that all the marketing for Fistful of Dollars calls it *A* Fistful of Dollars, (See poster above for example) yet the on screen title is clearly Fistful of Dollars.
MacBlayne likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!