Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Westerns & War

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2010, 12:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I wish someone would find the missing footage from Once Upon a time In The West. The film is tad disjointed in a few parts. Shame cos it's an amazing Western film, with a really beautiful score. One of the finest films of the genre...
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:31 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I watched Django Kill: If You Live Shoot last night. So far I've yet to finds a spahetti western i dont like and this film continues the trend. It's the story of a double crossed stanger who goes after his wrong doers with gold bullets. He finds his way to a currupt town run by double crossing, backstabbing, horrible people.

Django Kill Paints a really poor veiw of humanity, there is hardly a moral charater to be seen. It's also pretty violent, compared to other SW's. There is a fantastic scene where a man is having bullets removed from his wounds, and when people discover the bullets are gold they literally dive on him and rip him to pieces.

The Argent disc is great. It has, what is supposedly, the longest cut of the film (like some shamless disc some scenes have no english dub) and the interview with Alex Cox is really informative (much like on the other Argent western releases).
Old 28th October 2010, 04:03 PM
Cult Addict

i totally agree with you about Django Kill. Had a spag western night a few weeks ago and we watched this along with my much worn dvd of Cut Throats Nine. Two surreal movies that they just dont make like that anymore unfortunately.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
i totally agree with you about Django Kill. Had a spag western night a few weeks ago and we watched this along with my much worn dvd of Cut Throats Nine. Two surreal movies that they just dont make like that anymore unfortunately.
I haven't seen Cut Throats Nine, I would love to see that. I will have a look around for it...
Old 28th October 2010, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The spaghetti western is one of my favorite genres. I think the one I adore the most is Once Upon A Time In The West. Death Rides A Horse is also exceptional with a brilliant score by Morricone.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
The spaghetti western is one of my favorite genres. I think the one I adore the most is Once Upon A Time In The West. Death Rides A Horse is also exceptional with a brilliant score by Morricone.
A brilliant film Once upon a time in the West. The soundtrack is stunning too. One of my favourites this one. The Jill Mcbain theme is a beautiful piece of music. Stunning looking actress who played the role of Jill too. A very beautiful Woman...
Old 29th October 2010, 12:46 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
A brilliant film Once upon a time in the West. The soundtrack is stunning too. One of my favourites this one. The Jill Mcbain theme is a beautiful piece of music. Stunning looking actress who played the role of Jill too. A very beautiful Woman...
Claudia Cardibale looks beautiful in it, my favourite film of all time.
Old 29th October 2010, 09:32 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I haven't seen Cut Throats Nine, I would love to see that. I will have a look around for it...
The one that I have is on the Eurovista label. Ive had it for a good few years now. I couldnt even tell you if it was a legit release. Well worth hunting down though. A hauntingly brutal story, very well acted (IMO) and the gore is superb! The bit where the Sarge shots one of the prisoners right in the face is still an eye opener (excuse the pun!) today.

Edit: I have just noticed that the trailer is now on youtube. Be warned, its quite graphic!

Last edited by mr 420; 29th October 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 29th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
The one that I have is on the Eurovista label. Ive had it for a good few years now. I couldnt even tell you if it was a legit release. Well worth hunting down though. A hauntingly brutal story, very well acted (IMO) and the gore is superb! The bit where the Sarge shots one of the prisoners right in the face is still an eye opener (excuse the pun!) today.

Edit: I have just noticed that the trailer is now on youtube. Be warned, its quite graphic!
I'll will watch that trailer now, tanks for the info on this film...
Old 1st November 2010, 02:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Any luck finding this yet? If not P.M me bud.

Like this? Share it using the links below!