Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Westerns & War
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2015, 01:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The three Eastwood spaghettis spring to mind, again its the showdowns together with Morricones scores that really elevates these above all other spaghettis. I've also seen 'Duck you Sucker' (1971), but this one dosent do the same for me. As much as I like westerns its the spaghettis together with their musical scores that are my favourites. Django (1966) which I recently saw for the first time is another one with a great score.
Old 21st August 2015, 10:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm not a big fan of spaghetti westerns, apart from the famous ones (Dollars trilogy, Once Upon a Time in the West, Sabata, Django, etc). I prefer American westerns like High Plains Drifter, Unforgiven, Tombstone, The Wild Bunch, Culpepper Cattle Company, The Outlaw Josey Wales, etc.
Old 22nd August 2015, 07:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Is there any blu rays or dvds out there of TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME that are complete ? I had the UK double set years ago but that was incomplete. Missing a couple of scenes. I have read reviews on a region 1 release and the same scenes are missing. Trinity's mum chasing the lice around in her hair when the family is sitting down to dinner and the confession booth collapsing as Bambino leaves the building. I still have the film from a TV broadcast from years ago and the film is complete.
Old 22nd August 2015, 07:28 PM
Cultist in Training

I do like spaghetti westerns quite a bit, it was neat that Eastwood made some of his American westerns in similar styles. The Sabata films or the Trinity films with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer are great classics, can't help but like those two stars anyway especially when they beat on poor punching bag Riccardo Pizzuti.
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
For me without a shadow of a doubt its Sergio Leone's 'Once Upon a Time in the West' (1968). One of my all time favourites, From the beginning with Charles Bronson arriving at the station to the camera panning round to reveal Henry Fonda for the first time, (this scene alone together with the music has to be one of the greatest scenes in cinema history), to the final shoot out between Bronson and Fonda and the latters dying realization of just who Bronson is. Great movie, great scenery and an excellent score! 10/10
Attachment 168951
Jack Elam's greatest role...

...well that or the Cannonball Run!

JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:44 AM
Cultist in Training

I've always wanted a better version of Find a place to die- it's Jeffrey Hunter's last western I believe? Might of also been his last film....anyway, there are very few versions available and the english dubbed one especially is trash quality wise.

I'm waiting on a copy of Navajo Joe to come in.
Old 24th August 2015, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had to literally convince a whole pub full of people that A Fistful of Dynamite actually existed.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th October 2015, 08:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Day of Anger (1967) Review:
https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cul...day-anger.html
Old 4th February 2016, 05:13 PM
Cult Master

They Call Me Trinity

Old 4th February 2016, 05:16 PM
Cult Master

Like this? Share it using the links below!