Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Westerns & War

Like Tree33Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 28th July 2018, 07:19 PM
John Matrix's Avatar
Cultist
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ayrshire
Default

Anyone ever seen the film Saviour with Dennis Quad. It's a grim but great one about the Bosnian war
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 29th July 2018, 03:25 PM
Demoncrat's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: summerisle
Blog Entries: 20
Default

Not seen that, noted!



Kelly's Heroes (1970)

The choice of title music should let you know this isn't just another gung ho gorefest . Plus Don Rickling for all he's worth. Ahem. War is hell ... so let's steal some gold. Kojak and Josey Wales pilfer some bullion with the aid of the clumsy waiter from That's Armageddon!! . It's never really been a favourite of mine, but I have returned to it over others ... so that says something I suppose ...
__________________
"Blade! Equilibrium! Commando!"


" ....all you people in those coffins? I don't believe in this kinda stuff .... YOU HEAR ME??!! So don't be tryin' to turn me into no damn wolf!!!!"




Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 29th July 2018, 03:56 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Not seen that, noted!



Kelly's Heroes (1970)

The choice of title music should let you know this isn't just another gung ho gorefest . Plus Don Rickling for all he's worth. Ahem. War is hell ... so let's steal some gold. Kojak and Josey Wales pilfer some bullion with the aid of the clumsy waiter from That's Armageddon!! . It's never really been a favourite of mine, but I have returned to it over others ... so that says something I suppose ...
I have a bit of a fascination for Tiger tanks so it's always been a favourite of mine.
Demoncrat likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 29th July 2018, 04:05 PM
Demoncrat's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: summerisle
Blog Entries: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have a bit of a fascination for Tiger tanks so it's always been a favourite of mine.
Fair enough then D. I enjoyed the ST far more this time ... .
__________________
"Blade! Equilibrium! Commando!"


" ....all you people in those coffins? I don't believe in this kinda stuff .... YOU HEAR ME??!! So don't be tryin' to turn me into no damn wolf!!!!"




Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:08 PM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Browsing through TCM and spotted Sahara with Humphrey Bogart. Is it worth a watch ?
__________________
https://cuartoinfierno.cl/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSJUDER-300x169.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:46 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Browsing through TCM and spotted Sahara with Humphrey Bogart. Is it worth a watch ?
Definitely.

It's about a small tank unit headed bu Bogey who get holed up in an abandoned building in the desert and it has the only well around, but it's just dripping that's all, pretty soon a German platoon arrive also seeking the well.

It's a real gripper, just make sure you have water to drink as you'll be absolutely gagging for it.
Nordicdusk and nosferatu42 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 3rd April 2019, 02:34 PM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Definitely.

It's about a small tank unit headed bu Bogey who get holed up in an abandoned building in the desert and it has the only well around, but it's just dripping that's all, pretty soon a German platoon arrive also seeking the well.

It's a real gripper, just make sure you have water to drink as you'll be absolutely gagging for it.
Cheers Dem I'll give it a watch tonight.
Demoncrat likes this.
__________________
https://cuartoinfierno.cl/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSJUDER-300x169.jpg
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.