Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Westerns & War (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Quentin Tarantino to Direct 'Django Unchained' (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/westerns-war/5521-quentin-tarantino-direct-django-unchained.html)

Gojirosan 23rd June 2011 02:24 PM

I hated Kill Bill, I'm afraid. The worst kind of overblown, adolescent fanboy tosh.

It perfectly encapsulates the aspects of Tarantino's work that I cannot stand. I have liked other things of his greatly.

Fingers crossed for this one.

Paul@TheOverlook 23rd June 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 160033)
Ditto, WTF... I was hoping for Clooney as Django or maybe Russell Crowe. The problem with casting an African-American as lead is it's too far from history to be believable.

...but INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS was about as far removed from real history and that turned out great, IMO. I'm still really excited about this film and think that Jamie Foxx is a great and very versatile actor, so let's hope he does sign on for the role. I have a feeling that this film will be great fun - MANDINGO as directed by Sergio Corbucci! What's not to love?

Gojirosan 23rd June 2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 160057)
MANDINGO as directed by Sergio Corbucci!

:lol:

If anything can win me over, it is that comment!

James Morton 23rd June 2011 03:37 PM

Quentin Tarantino to Direct 'Django Unchained'

No doubt Tarantino will get a lot of inspirational scenes filmed as in Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, et al
I do like his films, not a fan of Jackie Brown
Remains to be seen with Django

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 04:50 PM

'You can clean up the mother ****ing mess,but don't touch my mother ****ing coffin,mother ****er!' :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 160004)
Looks like casting is pretty locked up now as well.

Django - Jamie Foxx

Is it April 1st already? :crazy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 160035)
Despite having Django in the title, the film has nothing to do with the wild west. its about a slave who escapes a sadistic plantation and comes back to save his woman and seek revenge. its an 80's exploitation with a Django title

Ahhhhh right, makess more sense now. Phew! PANIC OVER!!!!!

kevxxx1 23rd June 2011 06:15 PM

Jamie Foxx has been in some mediocre films and seems to act the same way in most of them (Collateral; Jarhead; Miami Vice; The Kingdom), he has talent but perhaps he's just not stretched enough. Law Abiding Citizen was entertaining but I don't know who was more wooden, Foxx or Gerard Butler.

Still, if anyone can get a good performance from him it's Tarantino.

From the description, I would have liked to have seen Chiwetel Ejiofor in the role.

Paul@TheOverlook 23rd June 2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevxxx1 (Post 160172)
Jamie Foxx has been in some mediocre films and seems to act the same way in most of them (Collateral; Jarhead; Miami Vice; The Kingdom), he has talent but perhaps he's just not stretched enough. Law Abiding Citizen was entertaining but I don't know who was more wooden, Foxx or Gerard Butler.

You should see THE SOLOIST - he's amazing in that. There is of course his turn in RAY too but I though the former (both his performance and the film itself) was far better.

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN was complete nonsense. It started off very gritty and quickly degenerated into big budget crowd-pleasing action tosh. I like grit and I like big budget tosh but you can't really mix them, IMO.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 07:59 PM

'Six shooter and Poncho.When you've absolutely got to kill every muther ****er in the saloon,accept no substitutes.' :lol:

Baseball Fury 23rd June 2011 08:06 PM

Idris Elba was in the running originally (Stringer Bell from The Wire)