All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
...but INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS was about as far removed from real history and that turned out great, IMO. I'm still really excited about this film and think that Jamie Foxx is a great and very versatile actor, so let's hope he does sign on for the role. I have a feeling that this film will be great fun - MANDINGO as directed by Sergio Corbucci! What's not to love?
Sorry Paul, but was REALLY hoping Tarantino was gonna go all spaghetti on our arses. my point was Hollywood keeps changing history to suit our politically correct times. The indigenous American Indians where denied historically truthful treatment in movies til the 60s. But even as I think about it, to me it's insulting to soften up history to make it cuddly and put bums on seats. In 'Valkyrie' Tom Cruise's Von Staffenberg is shown as acting against Hitler in part to help the jewish people, absolute tosh, he planted the bomb to enable a takeover by the military. But peeps had to be told he was helping the jewish people to make a Nazi sellable at the box office. As you may gather it's a real bugbear with me. Now where's my tablets.
Old 24th June 2011, 08:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Sorry Paul, but was REALLY hoping Tarantino was gonna go all spaghetti on our arses. my point was Hollywood keeps changing history to suit our politically correct times. The indigenous American Indians where denied historically truthful treatment in movies til the 60s. But even as I think about it, to me it's insulting to soften up history to make it cuddly and put bums on seats. In 'Valkyrie' Tom Cruise's Von Staffenberg is shown as acting against Hitler in part to help the jewish people, absolute tosh, he planted the bomb to enable a takeover by the military. But peeps had to be told he was helping the jewish people to make a Nazi sellable at the box office. As you may gather it's a real bugbear with me. Now where's my tablets.
I get your point and it's a valid one but Tarantino has never been one to embrace political correctness in his films either. Most of his films are about as far removed from reality as you can get and I'd imagine this offering will be no different. As for hoping this was going to be his "ultimate homage" to the spaghetti, that does remain to be seen but I can't see why it can't, even with and African-American slave as the central character.

There are very few contemporary filmmakers working in the mainstream whose films I anticipate as much as Tarantino's. Granted, they're not always masterpieces and can be sometimes over-indulgent (DEATH PROOF), but there's always a shot of brilliance in everything he makes.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Yep, a double bill of 'Resevior Dogs' and 'Pulp Fiction' still holds very fond memories, and is about the best way to spend 4 hours with a tv.
Old 24th June 2011, 02:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

after reading the plot synopsis for this and hearing Jamie Foxx is now attached, im really really excited to see this, Christoph Waltz as a good guy former dentist turned Bounty Hunter and DiCaprio as an evil Plantation owner, inspired casting, everyone bad mouthed Brad Pitt as Aldo Raine from just the trailer and he turned out to be brilliant in Inglourious Basterds.

I also like how he's not making a straight spaghetti western but only homaging some elements and how it's basically a revenge flick with cowboys, i can't wait to read the script when it eventually leaks online, i've done that with both Kill Bill and IB, although he ommited the sister of GoGo Yubari and the whole suburbia battle which was awesome, but i still love the films and think This could be and probably will be awesome....
BioZombie likes this.
Old 24th June 2011, 08:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

ok i've just finished the Script and i have to say it's brilliant, it has absolutely nothing to do with Nero's Django, It does have some long scenes of dialogue but they don't last as long as ones in Inglourious Basterds. Im trying to do this without giving any spoilers, Christoph Waltz will be playing a good version of Hans Landa, Jamie Foxx is wrong for Django, Leonardo DiCaprio is wrong for Calvin Candie, Sam Jackson is spot on for Stephen, There are alot of gun fights, but not in a action movie sort of way, it has a gothic feel to certain parts and has a great reference to Sabata.

If anyone one wants a copy of the Screenplay. PM with your email and i can send it to you.

It really is very good.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Teaser poster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaked-django-unchained-teaser-poster.jpg (7.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 12th April 2012, 11:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

And the English language version:
Old 13th April 2012, 01:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Okay, Firstly I just want to share my opinions with all the haters here ;D
I ****ing love QT and everything he has done so far.

I am very ****ing scared for Django Unchained though. I am sure he will put his own great little twist on it but I am finding it hard just thinking about having to sit through a film with Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio. God, I hate them both and it's hard for me to watch a movie with either of them, I can't imagine the abomination of them together. (With that being said, Leo has had a few good films. Probably about three decent ones. I hated the rest)

Now for some news for everyone if you haven't heard already...The official Synopsis has been released. It's only short so I will post it up in a new post....
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 13th April 2012, 01:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Django Unchained - Official Syonopsis

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, DJANGO UNCHAINED stars Academy Award®-winner Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Academy Award®-winner Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles – dead or alive.

Success leads Schultz to free Django, though the two men choose not to go their separate ways. Instead, Schultz seeks out the South’s most wanted criminals with Django by his side. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago.

Django and Schultz’s search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Academy Award®-nominee Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of “Candyland,” an infamous plantation where slaves are groomed by trainer Ace Woody (Kurt Russell) to battle each other for sport. Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Academy Award®-nominee Samuel L. Jackson), Candie’s trusted house slave. Their moves are marked, and a treacherous organization closes in on them. If Django and Schultz are to escape with Broomhilda, they must choose between independence and solidarity, between sacrifice and survival...

Written and directed by Academy Award®-winner Quentin Tarantino, DJANGO UNCHAINED is produced by Stacey Sher, Pilar Savone and Reginald Hudlin. The executive producers are Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Michael Shamberg, Shannon McIntosh, and James Skotchdopole. DJANGO UNCHAINED will be released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012, and internationally by Sony Pictures Releasing International.
antmumford likes this.
Old 13th April 2012, 12:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

^ That actually sounds brilliant, What a cast too. Personally I think Leonardo Di Caprio is a brilliant actor so there's very little to put me off this film so far.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!