Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2010, 12:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Fabrizio de Angelis' Cobra Mission

Definitely one of the better warsploitation movies from the 80s, Italy has a DVD of it, albeit with Italian audio. How hard could it be to get this movie out in the UK with English audio? Acquiring the Italian DVD is sourced from a good enough video master, I hope finding an English audio master shouldn't be too hard, I have the film on Dutch VHS. The only thing is, an Italian website seems to list as "full screen", I'm pretty sure my tape of it is in widescreen, I'll have to check.

There is also Cobra Mission 2, which is nowhere near up to scratch, but it was also released on Italian DVD.
Old 13th November 2010, 03:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Vipco were going to release this, it was listed on their site for ages but it never happened for some reason. Sky channel Movies 4 Men often show a lovely widscreen (2.35:1) version.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

this would be a must buy for me
Old 13th November 2010, 06:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'd love to see UK DVD releases of COBRA MISSION, INDIO, THE LONE RUNNER, ROBOWAR, SHOCKING DARK, STRIKE COMMANDO 1 & 2, THE THUNDER TRILOGY, TORNADO (Margheriti) and TUAREG THE DESERT WARRIOR.
Scyther likes this.
Old 13th November 2010, 06:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This a different movie?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 419DGRa1NXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.6 KB, 6 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th November 2010, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
This a different movie?
Aye!
Old 13th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Vipco were going to release this, it was listed on their site for ages but it never happened for some reason. Sky channel Movies 4 Men often show a lovely widscreen (2.35:1) version.
This gives me hope, because if a TV channel have access to it, why can't Shameless?
Old 14th November 2010, 10:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendaval Este View Post
There is also Cobra Mission 2, which is nowhere near up to scratch, but it was also released on Italian DVD.
CM and CM 2 have not long arrived as part of Video Asia's (get this!) 'Expendables 2:Zero Heroes' four film DVD set. A similar release to the same label's earlier 'The Inglorious Bastards 2:Hell's Heroes' four film SD edition. I'm expecting fullscreen VHS-esque transfers on both of the above releases but i was aware of the probability of this when i ordered them. Nice DVD covers though!
Old 14th November 2010, 10:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Vipco were going to release this, it was listed on their site for ages but it never happened for some reason.
I'm not 100% positive, but i believe either CM's Italian rights holders wanted too much money to permit U.K. distribution or the materials Vipco were allowed access to were of vastly inferior quality. Movies4Men's widescreen print is definitely a decent option and it would be great to see this version finding it's way onto the Shameless release schedule.
Old 14th November 2010, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I'm not 100% positive, but i believe either CM's Italian rights holders wanted too much money to permit U.K. distribution or the materials Vipco were allowed access to were of vastly inferior quality. Movies4Men's widescreen print is definitely a decent option and it would be great to see this version finding it's way onto the Shameless release schedule.

It was probably because of the rights holders wanting too much, because, as we all know, the lack of decent materials never seemed to bother Vipco. (although to be fair their Italian releases weren't that bad)

Shameless could release it as it's part of the Surf Film catalog that they have access to. Lets hope they do

Like this? Share it using the links below!