Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2008, 07:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Any Hints Almar?

So Almar,me old mucker,any hints/clues/thoughts where SHAMELESS 2 might be going?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th November 2008, 09:53 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well the primary hint would be that there will be more Shameless! I know I've not been on here that much of late but right now it's a mega-busy time of year for me promoting the DVDs that pay the bills - Mitchell & Webb, Family Fortunes (!) and the upcoming Kylie release. Added to that we've been having some long meetings to determine if there will be a DVD industry in the UK in 2009 (a bit overdramatic but for indies it's just nuts at the moment) and whether Shameless would continue.

We're still running at a loss but the gap is now closing and we've got some strategic alliances and ideas in mind for 2009 that should help. Plus, most importantly, the interest and support on here steadily keeps growing and that's too important to ignore. You're all... very... special. Go on - give yourselves a pat!

We're not going to another massive 20-strong collection - it's very restrictive and hard to plan. Rather we'll go for building smaller more inter-related collections that we can plan, release when we say we will (hah!), have all the elemtns for and then properly promote.

That could of course just be a big old crock of shit but that's the thinking. Could finally have secured our SHAM020 - just checking off some important bits 'n' bobs and hope to announce that soon.
Old 5th November 2008, 10:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just acquire the rights to Evil Dead, give it about 724 different releases and you'll become VERY wealthy . Failing that there is always Night Of The Living Dead, Withnail & I, Halloween etc..

Joking aside, could you PLEASE have a word with Play because their failure to stock Shameless titles is taking the piss, are they not interested in making money I wonder?
Old 5th November 2008, 10:49 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I was shocked at the lack of a new edition of Halloween this year...

I have no idea what is going on at Play - the £5.99 prices were their idea yet they never have any stock. I'd point out that Amazon seem to be price-matching them on all such titles and they do have stock so seem like a far safer bet for now.

You can imagine how maddening it is for us when people can't get hold of our DVDs!
Old 5th November 2008, 10:49 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Play appear to have gone seriously breasts-horizontal of late. They seem to be incapable of restocking some titles, and many new releases never appear at all (their in-stock dates just continually keep getting moved back).
Old 5th November 2008, 10:52 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Used to be my destination every time for DVDs - now I have to say Amazon are very good, fast and good value.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:22 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes I agree. Amazon are much better & faster these days.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well worth the 1.24 postage Cloud.
Halloween got a release on r1 this year Almar,30th anniversary set.Muggins here bought it....
Time to rerelease TORSO and KN in new sleeves mate.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well I've just ordered The Frightened Woman from Amazon Marketplace so let's hope it gets here before Xmas . And it was cheaper than on Play too so that's saved me 12p. 12p goes a long way these days .
Old 6th November 2008, 04:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I luv the idea of little collections, Almar! Brilliant idea imo. But do you know whether each collection will have a different look to it which corresponds with the collection's theme? Like S1 was yellow.

Like this? Share it using the links below!