Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2008, 11:44 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Tintorera! Classic..... How many actual sharks were killed for that movie!!!!!! As well as a few rays!!!!

Last edited by bedorca; 25th January 2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 25th January 2008, 11:50 AM
Active Cultist

so anyone buy the blood knife thing about the dog?

last time I watched it it looked pretty real to me, though bbfc have it as uncut apparently.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 25th January 2008, 05:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks Herman.

Yes the fact that the BBFC passed the scene does seem to suggest that there was no genuine cruelty. Even so there have been times when they have passed a scene of cruelty (eg Race with the Devil) only to cut it many years later. So you never know. Unfortunately I have never seen the film so can't comment.
Old 26th January 2008, 07:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I can see it now.......Cyclone and Last Shark double release
Old 28th January 2008, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Cardona Senior's Night Of The Bloody Apes (now uncut) is one of the true monstrosities on the video nasty list. I loved it.

The only 'cannibal' title on the DPP 74 not to have been released on UK DVD to date is The Cannibal Man. The Redemption video was cut (3 secs to a woman's throat being slashed) but it would fly through uncut now. Not exactly the most pleasant of films but atmospheric, sleazy and realistic in parts.
Old 29th January 2008, 11:47 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Or why does it seem so hard to get hold of Lenzi's So Sweet So Perverse - does anyone fancy owning a copy?
I'd love to see this in widescreen. Both my English and Italian copies are fullscreen.
Old 14th February 2008, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Bava and Lenzi are names, which should get a certain degree of interest immediately and the more Martino, Deodato stuff Shameless can put out, the better.

All has been pretty much said about "Night of the Demon" - the only remaining question is: Which label will take the neccesary action?

I'd be very pleased if Shameless would put out a good dose of those ultra violent Italian rip offs of 70's/80's US mainstream movies, particularly th hard hitting Rambo-esque type of B-action should be en vogue right now....and if packaged in true hameless fashion I can see a lot of casual buyers bored with clean cut US action fare picking these up.

Is Bava's "The Torturer" still an option, or has the idea been shelved in thought of potential BBFC troubles?

I like to pick up stuff in the shops spontanously myself, but if you're living in a smaller country, the net really becomes your window to cult movie attractions.
I'd strongly assume that more and more, Shameless WILL be recognized outside the UK by EU fans.
Your covers alone are a sure eye catcher....so both, the net AND the casual punters, will be of importance.....
Old 14th February 2008, 09:35 PM
Active Cultist

Peter,

Re: the rambo thing I ve mentioned Bava's Blastfighter a few times- pretty much a first blood clone, incidentally, I ve just been reading that incidentally Fulci was due to direct Blastfighter, now that I cannot imagine, dunno why but it wouldn't seem right,

as for the net thing thats definately the future for cult cinema (especially as net useage increases, as net sales is a growing sector of the economy as christmas sales this year illustrated- one of the few growth sectors of British retail). There was very little Shameless in Cardiff HMV when I was down the city the other week though I was not therefor an impulse buy but to hopefully pick up Black Cat- but in terms of my Italiana collecting I run at 90% internet purchases- a HMV Cardiff does not really offer much those who dig eurocrime or giallo aside from the diminishing Vipco catalogue they offer, given that they seem to have so few of the current Shameless titles on display. The horror section of HMV should by now be looking more and more yellow now as it was a sea of black when vipco were at their peak of DVD output. Sadly though in Cardiff at least, this has not been the case.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 15th February 2008, 11:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Hi, Herman! Enjoyed your NYR review by the way!
My gut tells me that B-C grade Rambo-esque action should be THE "in" thing for cult collectors for this year...but so far, nothing much has been made available, yet the demand for it is and has been voiced in various corners of the net.
Old 16th February 2008, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Re-The Torturer, I think it would get through the BBFC with fairly minimal cuts.

Like this? Share it using the links below!