Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2008, 01:06 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The BBFC rejected it in 1998 even though the version submitted had been pre-cut by over 2 mins. A new UK release has been mooted for ages but seems not to have appeared.

From what I recall it was rejected owing to the gang violence theme and especially the use of nunchakus & illegal weaponry etc. I haven't seen it for years though I can't see it having any problems if resubmitted now.
Old 8th May 2008, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes on the first submission in 1998 the BBFC sent them a cuts list to remove all martial arts weaponry but when they viewed the cut version they decided that this version was not acceptable after all under the terms of the VRA. It was actually Andreas Whittam Smiths decision to ban the film. So yes their view was that the film was irresponsible and likely to be harmful to society etc. Didn't surprise me that they banned it as it was a pretty violent film (the climax in the alley way for example and the strong drug use) this was also, only 3 years after they banned Kickboxer 4, Mikey and Back in Action. In the late 90's they were becoming very strict again, this was partly due to the amendment made to the VRA in 1994. The film certainly wouldn't have any problems today.

I don't think the film has been re-submitted to the BBFC since 1998. I did hear once that they were going to re-submit but don't think they ever did. Bebber's My Sweet Satan also had problems with the BBFC when almost all the climatic scene had to be removed. Would pass uncut today.

Last edited by Angel; 8th May 2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12th February 2011, 06:32 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Go for the full fulci classic quartet mate:
ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS UNCUT -Hand cover art beats any
CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD-Artwork with the zombies and Charles Hamm gravestones-striking
THE BEYOND-Various artworks for this-I have the EC version with the crucified zombie-stunning
HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY UNCUT-The original VAMPIX VHS artwork-(also on the EC DVD I have)-superb
I see under your name it say's "good trader"..forgive me for i am new here but do you sell copies of these great films? I havent seen Zombie 2 or Beyond uncut before...would be a great addition.
Old 12th February 2011, 06:42 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford-Tillinghast View Post
I see under your name it say's "good trader"..forgive me for i am new here but do you sell copies of these great films? I havent seen Zombie 2 or Beyond uncut before...would be a great addition.
There's a DVD Trades + Bargains Section on the forum, where members are free to trade/sell their unwanted discs. If you've proved yourself a trustworthy trader, you will be rewarded with a 'Good Trader' badge of honour.
Old 13th February 2011, 12:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
DVD Trades + Bargains Section[/URL] on the forum, where members are free to trade/sell their unwanted discs. If you've proved yourself a trustworthy trader, you will be rewarded with a 'Good Trader' badge of honour.
Hey thanks for the heads up!

Like this? Share it using the links below!