Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2008, 06:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I like the jungle cannibal films especially the films by Deodato and Lenzi, but would rate Holocaust the best.
Next to them I like Zombie films.
I would collect as many versions of each thats available if I can get them. Don't get me wrong, im not a sicko who likes seeing animals getting killed , I totally hate MONDO film, and animal cruelty but accept Deodato's right to film the killing of animals that were used for food.
I just saw these films pre cert as a kid and they really shocked me, and i've been fascinated ever since.
I do like most horror but im not keen on Japanese horror , but im well into the Shameless stuff. and the 'nasties' but am not so keen on todays films though Hostel was good.
What about you Angel.?

Last edited by vipco; 4th April 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 4th April 2008, 08:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought the SAW films were all excellent. The slasher films from the 70's and 80's esp the Friday the 13th's and the old universal Horrors from the 30's/40's. Some of the nasties are ok but most of them are dreadful.
Old 4th April 2008, 08:34 PM
Cultist in Training

I too have all the cannibal films uncut, Holocaust being top of the faves list. I'm guessing this isn't going to win me any friends but personally speaking I don't have a problem with animal cruelty in films. Yes in some instances it's terrible, no it isn't always necessary but that's how the director wanted it for whatever reason, be it shock value or to further it's reputation at the box-office.

I hate to use this time worn cliche, but no-one is forced to sit through it. Look away, switch off, whatever, but don't let it taint your view of the film. Monte Hellman's Cockfighter is a genuinely haunting film with a powerhouse performance from Warren Oates. Is the film any less important because it involves animal cruelty? Of course not.

Arsey Pissflaps - Xbox 360 gamertag

Anthropophagous - PS3 ID
Old 5th April 2008, 01:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I agree with you Absurd, on all accounts.

The SAW movies are pretty good IMO Angel, I liked those and and films with a Snuff theme like George C Scott in 'Hardcore', Hostel' '8mm' 'Vacancy' etc

Im really into my Euro horror films though and like stuff like Bloody Moon, Torso etc, thats why im glad I came across Shameless as its very hard to get imports into N.I. though a Belfast independent video shop sells imports of the 'nasties' at £35-£50 for barebones discs but will get other horror films to order.

I didn't know about the Forum till I was searching for Shameless to see their catoluge and I stumbled upon it. I used to visit a couple of other horror sites and not really post except on one which I joined, but as long as you guys dont mind i'd like to hang around here as the Forum's got good members and everyone's friendly.
Old 7th April 2008, 06:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Give me all sorts of horror from (especially) the 70's and the 80's......although a lot of the straight to video crap that comes out these days isn't worth 90 minutes of your life......
Old 10th April 2008, 04:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Give me all sorts of horror from (especially) the 70's and the 80's......although a lot of the straight to video crap that comes out these days isn't worth 90 minutes of your life......
Tell me about it! I've waded my way through some awful sov shite in the past few months.Loads more still to go as well.Saints preserve us!
Old 10th April 2008, 08:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Need to stop trawling that Blockbuster and Cash Convertors in Falkirk mate
Old 11th April 2008, 04:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Need to stop trawling that Blockbuster and Cash Convertors in Falkirk mate

Funnily enough,cash converters is where one of my sons picked up troll 2,and those godawful godfrey ho ninja movies i've been subjecting myself to,of late.

Blockbuster on the other hand,got some half decent ex-rentals from there,although i still have a few to watch.

How did you get on at falkirk? Blow your wad,so to speak?
Old 12th April 2008, 07:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No mate,went to MISSING in Glasgow instead,what a ****ing goldmine mate!
Region 4 TENEBRAE-7 quid
CDA Boxset I ROBOT-Tenner
URBAN LEGEND JEWEL CASE-4 quid
The guy behind the counter knew Tobiaswragg from abuk!
Get your arse in there mate!-Under the Central station bridge!
In fact anyone on here that stays north of the border,go to MISSING in Glasgow now!
Old 12th April 2008, 07:14 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I picked up the UK BFI DVD of Salo last week for £1 in a charity shop.

Like this? Share it using the links below!