Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2008, 10:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The heavily butchered VIPCO edition of Ferox sells well at ?19.99 in the high street while staff in an indie shop I go to regularly tell me they cant get Ferox anymore new but there's a list of people wainting for 2nd hand copies.

A decent "extreme" or "strong" version of Ferox restoring the human violence as much as posible would be a good seller should anyone every release one.
Old 7th May 2008, 07:05 AM
Ex-member

Whenever i want i can buy Cannibal Ferox-uncut version.But i don't want to see tortured animals or raped women.I think this movie is just pure trash and made for people with psychological problems.
Old 7th May 2008, 07:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I don't remember seeing any rape in Ferox... You getting it confused with Holocaust?

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 7th May 2008, 08:05 AM
Ex-member

Yes.There wasn't rape but there was animal killings.
In Cannibal Holocaust there was also rape.
I will not buy or put into my collection both of these movies.
Old 7th May 2008, 08:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
A decent "extreme" or "strong" version of Ferox restoring the human violence as much as posible would be a good seller should anyone every release one.
That's funny, because the last time I watched my uncut "Another World" disc, I sort of started that old "censor in the head" game, musing about ways how the film could be cut somewhat "milder", but still remain watchable....and guess what? I think there are even ways to cut Zora Kerova's demise in a way not conflicting too much with the modern BBFC guidelienes - you'd certainly not have to make her "vanish without sight" anymore these days.
I thought "my" version of "Ferox" (which should also be based on the excellent "Ultrabit" master for this) would be still entertaining enough....but nevertheless it's the uncut version that's the full deal.
Old 7th May 2008, 10:22 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The breast impalement would be far less cut if resubmitted now and almost intact. The only cuts the BBFC would make would be to the actual piercing of the breasts. The rest of the scene (the suspension) should pass fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMERON View Post
Yes.There wasn't rape but there was animal killings.
In Cannibal Holocaust there was also rape.
I will not buy or put into my collection both of these movies.
There's also a rape in Last Cannibal World (the scene is cut in the UK) though I find it a necessary scene for once. Foschi's character is forced to rape Me Me Lai in an animal-style way to subjugate her (thus preventing her from telling the pursuing tribe where they are), as it's the only language she can understand being a cave-girl. I can understand the BBFC cutting the scene (especially as the rape is anal) but it's regrettable nonetheless. In the cut version he simply punches her in the face and in the next scene she's become submissive!
Old 7th May 2008, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The breast impalement would be far less cut if resubmitted now and almost intact. The only cuts the BBFC would make would be to the actual piercing of the breasts. The rest of the scene (the suspension) should pass fine.
My thoughts exactely - though the shots of her hanging there with the breasts impaled would probably have to be slightly shortened, too...still a "vast improvement" over previous UK releases IS actually possible whereas the film still stands no chance to be officially released in Germany in whatever cut (with Austria offering a handy alternative anyway).

The bit probably most complicated to keep as much intact as possible is the muskrat scene, which unfortunately can't be skipped entirely for continuity reasons.
Old 7th May 2008, 10:50 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes it would be interesting to see what the BBFC would make of it now. The last submission was in 2000 and heavily pre-cut beforehand. The animal killings would still go though all the human violence and most of the breast impalement would be restored. More likely to lose around 2-3 mins now rather than 6-7 (as before).

The more difficult one would be Cannibal Holocaust. Looking at the cuts list again now I really can't see any possible flexibility on it. It lost 5 mins 44 secs last time and would probably lose exactly the same again now. I can't see what could be waived.
Old 7th May 2008, 11:34 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMERON View Post
Whenever i want i can buy Cannibal Ferox-uncut version.But i don't want to see tortured animals or raped women.I think this movie is just pure trash and made for people with psychological problems.
Kamy, This is one of my all time favourite films in its uncut form. I dont think you've actually seen the uncut film due to your rather poor description but am amused by your " people with psychogical problems " would only want to watch rape yet there are several posts from you saying how much you enjoyed a scene from another film which was a rape.

So im a psyhco for watching this film yet your normal for watching 1 scene.?
Old 7th May 2008, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Death Wish, Straw Dogs, Once Upon A Time In America, High Plains Drifter etc (too many to mention) are films which also feature rape scenes. I'm sure fans of these classic movies don't suffer from 'psychological problems'.

Like this? Share it using the links below!