Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2018, 01:59 AM
Cult Rookie

Default The New York Ripper.... again?

This one is probably far fetched considering Shameless have already issued it twice, but a 2012 report by the BBFC (2012 being the year after its most recent issue by Shameless) indicated that the cut material would probably pass as acceptable after the film was used for a BBFC survey on audience reactions on sadistic and sexual violence. The report also states it was concluded "the film and its effects appeared dated and it was not particularly shocking compared to modern films. The film has not been sent back for reclassification since that time."

I know this was a long winded, roundabout explanation and again, I know it's probably too much to ask for a third issue of the film, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to potentially have an uncut version of this in the UK at long last
Old 10th July 2018, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

It's got some pretty grim scenes in it, but I agree it should pass uncut these days with some of the realistic looking stuff getting through. I have just bought the Blue Underground disc though and I definitely only need 1 copy of Howard the Duck stalks prozzies...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th July 2018, 11:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

i have the Blue underground bluray of this film as well and i have to say that it looks very good indeed and every fan of this movie should definatly buy it.
Old 10th July 2018, 11:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
i have the Blue underground bluray of this film as well
Yep, me as well.
Old 10th July 2018, 12:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

And me, no intention of buying it again either, both DVD editions and Blu Ray from Shameless are still sealed on my shelf so it’s pretty clear which copy I watch if I feel like watching some sleaze
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th July 2018, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I love it me. That's why I never entertained a UK version. And never would.
Waiting for this country to come to its senses .... is a waste of time.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th July 2018, 05:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

New York Ripper, was one of the first Blu-rays i bought. And definitely one of Blue Underground's better transfers.
Highly recommended.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th July 2018, 08:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Although I have the uncut blu-ray, we have to remember that not everyone imports. We could argue though that the audience for NYR is so small amongst blu-ray buyers, that the chances are most of them are region free and do import. But it would be nice to see a domestic uncut blu-ray release.
Old 10th July 2018, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Of course it would. It is only a film after all. You can buy any number of books about real killers in this country, with plenty of ghastly descriptions of violent ordeals, which by dint of their very nature make something like NYR pale into insignificance. Ahem.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th July 2018, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really don't understand the BBFC's decisions at all. They cut a few seconds of fake nipple slicing in Ripper, yet were quite happy to pass a naked woman being hung up and burnt alive in Don't Go In The House.

Like this? Share it using the links below!