Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2008, 09:32 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
BTW anyone got a pic of what that NOTBA vipco release looked like?
Vince,is that bloody redemption disc cut then?
The Vipco Bloody Apes turns up on eBay now and again. Alas I don't have a pic of the sleeve but it has what appears to be a colour picture of a snarling King Kong on it.

The Redemption DVD is fully uncut and was never submitted to the BBFC for reasons unknown. The previous Film 2000 issue was identical to the massacred Sovereign video.
Old 16th April 2008, 05:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The Redemption DVD is fully uncut and was never submitted to the BBFC for reasons unknown.
Evil that Men Do is another film. Network's DVD restores all the BBFC cuts. Also Black Cobra 2 & 3. No submission as far as I can see.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:58 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The current DVD of Flesh Gordon restores the BBFC video cuts and is in widescreen. It also fails to appear on the BBFC's site.
Old 16th April 2008, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Hollywood DVD of Black Moon Rising another, restores the lengthy beating up of Tomy Lee Jones.
Old 16th April 2008, 03:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I was give the EV ex rental big box VHS of BRONX WARRIORS and it has no bbfc stamp on it.
It runs 84mins on box but 80mins printed on cassette label. Anyone know if its cut, or which RT is correct.?
Old 16th April 2008, 07:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't know if it is completely uncut but if it includes the BBFC cuts which I believe removed the burning of a tramp, baseball in the face and an exploding body then it does seem likely to be an uncut pre cert.
Old 16th April 2008, 07:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Bronx Warriors pre-cert VHS
Old 17th April 2008, 01:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thats the one Vince except for the two different run times (84m-80m) listed on box and cassette, though the cassette is an approx.

I got it from the same guy who give me a pre cert ex rental ' Savage Terror ' on the ' GO ' video label for either a fiver or a tenner. Im near certain it was a fiver.
Its pre cert but has an X on it.
Old 17th April 2008, 02:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

In regards to the snake death in Bloody Moon, I can't see why they won't pass it. The scene in Friday the 13th where they chop up a snake got thru, so I hope they would give a Jess Franco flick the same respect as the big Hollywood-backed, Warner-branded classic

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 17th April 2008, 04:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well if they do pass it now I'd like to hear their reason for waiving the cut because first they cut it because it was deemed cruel and now, if passed, wasn't an infringement of the animal laws after all. Perhaps they made a mistake cutting the scene in the first place as the killing is quite swift but the BBFC rarely waive animal cruelty cuts. In Friday the 13th the scene was always deemed to be acceptable probably because there was no lingering shots of the animal suffering afterwards. It will be interesting to see if they do. Might just scrape through in the end.

Like this? Share it using the links below!