Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2008, 10:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I still dont see the animal cruelty in Ferox being as vicious as that in holocaust.
The muskrat/ coati mondi thing getting eat by the snake could be left in as i've seen worse in nature programmes, though they'd probably have to tone down the squealing noise , plus it looks like its an insert from some other film, something dosent look right. There's also the scene were Morgan knifes the boar/pig in the pit., its still partly allowed in the VIPCO and Replay UK releases, so that would stay.
Even with all the animal cruelty cut out Ferox would still remain a good film especially with the only scene of animal cruelty nessary to the story being allowed anyway (Morgan & the pig) as this scene establishes what Morgan is'nt maybe as nice a guy as he says.

VIPCO released House on the Edge of the Park with 11mins cut out and it sold. They also released the heavly cut version of FEROX, it still sells if you can get it for 19.99.
IMO an 'Extreme' Ferox would be a nice little title to have in any UK horror fans collection.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I would have thought the scene with the Muskrat would be the first scene to go...especially as it is the longest scene of cruelty. This was the scene the BBFC cut in 1983, it's highly unlikely they would consider waiving the cut unless the film makers can provide them with some sort of evidence that the scene was not staged for the film and that it was in fact stock footage taken from wherever. Personally I think the scene was staged for the film ie the animal was deliberately tied to the ground and then set upon by a snake. Obviously wildlife footage of animals fighting one another would be acceptable but a scene of prolonged cruelty that was, or appears to have been staged by the film makers for the film is highly unlikely to pass.

The scene where John Morghen stabs the pig was probably acceptable because the killing was made up of two very brief shots, you really don't see the animal suffering, just a quick stab and it's all over. Apparently Morghen didn't stab the pig himself, a double had to be used after he refused to do it. In the film you only see a close up somebodys hand stab the pig. Apart frrom this I've also read that the scene was faked although I find this hard to believe.

Scrapbook went out with 15m of cuts. Wonder how well it did?
Old 10th April 2008, 02:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Scrapbook was also released uncut 'in error' I believe, on it's first pressing! lol

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 10th April 2008, 02:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The same happened with Shogun Assasin in the 90's when VIPCO released their pre DVD 'Cult Classics' VHS range.
When I got mine from a small independent horror shop the owner who was friendly with the local horror fans told me the rest had to be returned due to a mistake as the uncut version was released instead of the uncut theatrical version.
It was the blue jacket with the Samurai picture in the middle box art tape.

The muskrat scene in Ferox is not protrayed as man inflicted cruelty but nature at work, its the sound that makes it hard to view. Maybe if the squealing was removed and a quick glance of the scene just to show why the muskrat was given to them would pass.?
The rest of the animal cruelty wouldn't be missed and we would at long last have a version of Ferox that lives up to the claims on the box for sale on UK stores.

What about Bloody Moon, dont you think an uncut version would fit in with what Shameless are doing.?

Last edited by vipco; 10th April 2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10th April 2008, 05:44 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The UK cinema cuts to Shogun Assassin were so small it was silly the BBFC making them. I'm not sure if Ferman would have passed the eye-stabbing in 1992 when Vipco released it but the head cleavings would surely have got through intact.

I agree with Angel that Ferox would still have problems now. The gory violence would get through intact, and I'm pretty sure much of the breast impalement (bar the closeups) would too. The animal stuff would definitely still be removed.

After looking again at the cuts to Cannibal Holocaust I can't see much room for manoeuvre there either. Perhaps some of the rape footage may receive minor waivers if the editing is done well but that's about it really.

Bloody Moon would sail through uncut in terms of violence. Not sure about the snake killing.
Old 10th April 2008, 06:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tartan were going to release Bloody Moon in a double bill with LINDA not too long ago but it was cancelled. What a double bill...except LINDA would still be cut today.
Old 10th April 2008, 06:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Did they give a reason for the cancellation Angel.?
Old 10th April 2008, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote from Marc Morris

"Bloody Moon was cancelled quite some time ago due to a lack of decent film elements".
Old 10th April 2008, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Almar. I think Angel deserves a promotion as she's definitely more knowledgable than 'Gore Hound' and as the ranking system is due to quality of information not quantity then I recon she's over due.

Marc M should be higher than 'Fiend' too.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 14th April 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10th April 2008, 07:27 PM
Cultist

I think that you can get Ferox uncut from FNAC.com (France) as the film was released a couple of years ago uncut in a special edition.

It's strange because whilst I personally hate the scenes of animal cruelty I was glad to have seen an uncut version because it meant I could make up my own mind. I am not a huge fan of these films but there is a compulsion to see them.

As a teenage lad I was 'desperate' to see video nasties because I wanted to know for myself what the fuss was about. Most of the time I thought the banned films were nonsense.

Like this? Share it using the links below!