Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2008, 06:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Cannibal Ferox /Bloody Moon

I just discovered the Shameless label so dont know if its in the pipeline, but a fuller version of Cannibal Ferox would be nice.
I know the VIPCO release was pre cut when offered to the bbfc who removed a further 6s due to animal distress, but think alot of the pre cut material would easily pass the bbfc with only some of the animal scenes not passing if resubmitted again.

Bloody Moon is another film i'd like to see re released again as it is currently no longer available due to VIPCO's demise.
Old 8th March 2008, 06:57 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Vipco-wise I'm 100% sure that Night Of The Demon, House By The Cemetery and Toolbox Murders would pass uncut now. I'm pretty sure that The Mutilator would as well.

Bloody Moon may have a small problem with the snake decapitation (or maybe not) but that's all. The rest would fly through.

Cannibal Ferox would still lose all of the animal killings and most of the breast impalement. The climactic gore (eye-gouging, Radice's death etc) would pass without problems.
Old 8th March 2008, 07:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Altough oddly enough on a Sky One documentry to do with Scary Movies, the breast scenes from Ferox were shown uncut. I remember having the Vipco DVD of Cannibal Ferox and the charcter just vanishes! I had to have a shower after watching Ferox, I've only watched the uncut DVD about 2 times in the 3/4 years I've had it!
Old 8th March 2008, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes it's still a nasty film though I find Cannibal Holocaust far worse. I really couldn't see hardly anything being waived for that one even now.

I forgot Eaten Alive. This would certainly have the cannibalism scenes restored (the BBFC have already passed them in Last Cannibal World and Mountain Of The Cannibal God) though the animal footage would be removed as ever.
Old 8th March 2008, 07:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Somehow I can't see the uncut Ferox being re-submitted for some time yet because even though the cuts will be reduced they are still going to be fairly heavy. Some companies are less willing to accept heavy cuts than others. Here's hoping though that it will happen.

Last edited by Angel; 8th March 2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 8th March 2008, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Vince, you have seen a lot of these cannibal films but are there any you haven't seen as yet or have you seen them all?
Old 8th March 2008, 07:51 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I tend to watch the uncut versions of the nastier cannibal films once and then dispose of them (ditto for Mondo Cane, Africa Addio and their ilk). I admit that the animal stuff is just too much to take. On the whole I prefer some of the zombie films.

Strangely I haven't yet seen Cannibal Terror which is one of the mildest (as well as being sheer drivel apparently). I enjoyed Cannibal Apocalypse (which isn't a 'mondo' cannibal as such) and even found Mountain Of The Cannibal God enjoyable and well-made in parts (apart from the animal footage) though the extended footage on the U.S DVD (the bestiality & masturbation scenes) almost made me change my mind. .
Old 8th March 2008, 11:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have most of the cannibal films in both Uncut & Cut form and i've a pre cert VHS tape on the GO Video label of a film called 'SAVAGE TERROR and its the worst cannibal film i've ever seen, its really boring with no actual cannibalism in it. You can buy it on DVD under the name PRIMITIVES, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's even worse than CANNIBAL TERROR and that was bad.

Now with VIPCO dead does anyone see FEROX, BLOODY MOON or even EATEN ALIVE being picked up by another company, maybe Shameless for a UK re release in a stronger version, anytime soon.? I think people wouldn't mind buying the cannibal films if only the animal footage was cut and I dont see BLOODY MOON not passing the bbfc in a much stronger version than the VIPCO release.

Vvncenzo, you mentioned Zombie films, do you like the Italian Zombie films, like Fulci's Zombie Flesh Eaters or the recent American Zombie films. I prefer the 80's Italian stuf, far more fun than todays efforts IMO.

Last edited by vipco; 9th March 2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 9th March 2008, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Savage Terror sounds like one to avoid. Another one is Emmanuelle and the Last Cannibals which included some gruesome scenes - cut by the BBFC, although there is no real aninal cruelty apart from a snake being shot, but this is a very brief shot, difficult to tell whether the animal was shot for real. Anyway the BBFC don't usually cut "quick kills".

Wonder how the BBFC would cut the breast impalement in Ferox today? The previous heavy cuts to this film were their's from 1983 for an advisory rating. They probably wouldn't remove the whole scene today. Personally I can't see this or Holocaust being re-submitted for some time yet.

Bloody Moon also includes in one scene a woman being stabbed through the breast. This was one of the previous cuts and they still cut scenes like this today ocassionally but I think this would pass now as the effects are risible.
Old 9th March 2008, 11:37 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Savage terror has very little on screen violence but some animal animal cruelty and plays like a boring low talent jungle adventure. One to avoid.
To late about the Emmanuelle and the Last Cannibals warning as i've already got it on UK dvd and import vhs.
I only got the dvd to complete my collection of the cannibal films on dvd.

Like this? Share it using the links below!