Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2008, 01:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default The Other Hell

I would like to see The Other Hell get re released as I had it on Redemption years ago but a few of my films got nicked and I have never been able to replace some of them, The Other Hell being one I cant seem to get unless I import which im not that keen on doing.
Old 9th March 2008, 08:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Haven't seen this but wonder what the previous BBFC cuts were?

According to the reviews on the IMDB, a live chicken has its head chopped off in one scene, dogs tearing the throat out of a victim ( a la The Beyond) and a genital mutilation. These sound like the cuts.
Old 9th March 2008, 12:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The chicken scene was included in the Redemption vhs release of the 90s. I cant rember if the other scenes were included in any form as my copy was stole along with a few other titles but according to the running time on the jacket it was cut but the cuts were minimal.
Then again minimal could mean anything.
Old 9th March 2008, 12:44 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The cuts to The Other Hell were to the shots of the nun forcing the stabbed nun's legs apart during the genital mutilation and a closeup of the knife being twisted in the priest.

It was a difficult time for Redemption back in the 90's under Ferman (Mark Of The Devil and Tombs Of The Blind Dead were butchered) though amazingly they got the restored Witchfinder General through uncut, as well as House Of Whipcord and Frightmare.

Last edited by vincenzo; 30th July 2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 9th March 2008, 01:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

They released some decent films and I owned some of their stuff but was never fond of their video covers.
I mainly bought VIPCO's films for UK horror release's back then and kept on right up untill they folded .
Old 9th March 2008, 01:16 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes I agree. Redemption's covers were appalling.

I forgot to mention The Cannibal Man. They got this through with a minimal 3 sec cut (to a girl's throat being slashed) which was pretty good for 1993, considering it was once classed as an official video nasty.

Last edited by vincenzo; 30th July 2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 9th March 2008, 03:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I recon it would pass as 'Uncut' now (18 cert ) no problem.
Its not a great film but its definitely worth buying.

Last edited by vipco; 9th March 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!