Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd December 2009, 06:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well I'm still hopefull for more gialli, Baby Doll and Love Goddess I can do without. I think Shameless should concentrate on unreleased titles, both Baby and Goddess have fine Severin releases that most cult fans will already have.
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
It sure is, and is now a three disc set instead of the original two!

You can only get it from here though
http://www.massacremafiastyle.com/
This DVD isn't from Grindhouse, it's a limited release with something to do with the Mitchell family. I don't have it, but the picture quality is supposedly quite poor, (especially for such an expensive release), as it's from a 1 inch video master - though there are quite a lot of extras.

Apparently, Grindhouse are still going ahead with their release, which will be mastered from film not tape, cheaper, but with less extras. (And probably not come out for ages!).
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:26 PM
Cult Rookie

check this link out for info on Massacre Mafia Style which includes comparison screen grabs: http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...ighlight=mafia
Old 30th December 2009, 02:33 PM
Cultist

Default What about the "other" Black Cat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
When Shameless first started i looked forward to seeing what tag line they would come up with next. When i saw The Black Cat cover for the first time i was a bit dissapointed until i looked at the back and saw ' When pussy goes bad!'
Speaking of....

Luigi Cozzi's BLACK CAT deserves a release !!!
Old 30th December 2009, 03:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Default endgame

With the bronx warrior being release i would like see see

Endgame - Bronx lotta finale by Joe D'Amato

another one i havnt seen that i would snap up straight away and it has some really cool art work !
Old 1st January 2010, 09:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Unreleased titles ONLY please!

Enough's enough. So many people on this board are wanting titles that have already been released remastered, in most cases, somewhere in the world. I know, Shameless is a UK company and you guys want this stuff in PAL REGION 2... but if you're into the sort of movies that Shameless specializes in, you probably should already have multi-region DVD players and can import international releases. Right? No?

Look, Shameless has proven time and again that they go the extra mile in terms of restoration. This is why it pains me when they release things like the upcoming BRONX WARRIORS titles, because we already had access to widescreen DVDs of all those films. Sure, the Vipco BRONX WARRIORS 2 will probably look terrible compared to the upcoming Shameless release, but it was already out there letterboxed and looking pretty good. (Personally, I won't be re-purchasing any of the titles in the tin.)

What we need are movies that we can't get our hands on, like Lenzi's ORGASMO, Dellamano's A BLACK VEIL FOR LISA, Castellari's HIGH CRIME (which has yet to surface in an English-friendly, decent looking print... in fact, the best transfer is the King Records DVD from Japan, and that didn't look so great, plus it has no English audio or subs).

Again, my point is that if it's available in a decent print on DVD with English audio or subs somewhere in the world, Shameless ought to leave it alone and focus their efforts on bringing us the unavailable stuff. Am I right or am I right?
Old 1st January 2010, 09:52 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Your points are completely valid Skankpuddle and I'm sure many of the people on these forums do have multiregion players but some people do also like to collect more than one version of a film out there and a lot of us would support Shameless in the UK marketplace buy re-purchasing a copy of a film we already own just for an exclusive extra or just for the original artwork,It's all just a matter of taste.If it means that I have to purchase a copy of a film that's already out there in another region so that Shameless can then use the money from those sales to perhaps release something down the line that hasn't had a release somewhere else then all the better.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

They must be selling or Shameless and Arrow would cease to exist.

I too am a collector or DVD's and the Bronx Tin makes for a real collector's item,as do the yellow Shameless spines 1-20 sitting on a shelf.

No one is forced to buy them....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Well said. With companies like Shameless & Arrow around, the average or region-locked punter can safely turn their Vipco releases into cute little coasters.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

When it comes to the point of whether Shameless should concentrate on releasing titles as yet unavailable on DVD or those in print from other territories, I have sympathy for both sides of the argument.

Having said that, in the case of a title like Baba Yaga, which was given what I am sure will prove in time to be the definitive release, I would argue that although the film was given a release by Blue Underground , the Shameless version eclipses it.

There are other films, such as the Vampire Happening that Anchor Bay US released a few years ago, that are now out of print and so I think should be candidates for release as well.

So I suppose what I am saying is that, ideally, I would like to see Shameless release titles that have either never been out on DVD before or that are now out of print in English-friendly versions in any territory.

All the points made are valid though.

By the way, A BLACK VEIL FOR LISA sounds interesting. I haven't heard of that one before.

Last edited by g053584398; 1st January 2010 at 11:55 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!