Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2010, 06:33 PM
Active Cultist

Can't say I'm particularly excited about the upcoming three either, though of them The Beast In Space looks the most intriguing if only for it's Star Wars rip-off factor.

Sorry shameless!

In saying that there's plenty of other Shameless releases that I want and am yet to get hold off
Old 7th April 2010, 10:30 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Papaya is very entertaining, but chances of it making it through uncut are slim - I'm pretty sure there's a chicken that gets offed on camera.
The chicken scene should pass. The cockfight may have problems.

Last edited by vincenzo; 16th April 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 9th April 2010, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As vincenzo has already said, it is very unlikely indeed that the cockfighting will remain uncensored. There was a failry innocuous scene removed from the first season of miami vice, and the uncut scene barely shows a thing.

For me personally this kind of thing creates kind of an intellectual conflict. On the one hand I abhor cruelty to animals, which I suppose is one of the reasons that I stay away from cannibal films. Mind you, the other reason I stay away from them is because they are shit!

Anyway, I digress; as per bloody usual! Going back to my original point I hate censor cuts to films on DVD and, usually, if a DVD features a BBFC censored version of a film I would tend to avoid it.

So the idea of this particular film is also going to cause me concern. I suppose what I am saying is I won't be bloody happy whether it is cut or uncut.

What an awkward bastard...
Old 9th April 2010, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

In the case of cockfight scenes the BBFC only require the actual shots of the birds fighting to be cut. Cropping or pan/scanning the scene also helps.

Sometimes the cuts can be made so well that you won't notice anything missing (a la Far From The Madding Crowd, Return Of The Seven etc).
Old 11th April 2010, 09:05 PM
Cultist in Training

I urge people to pick up Beast in Space if they haven't seen it. Its pure comedy gold!
Old 14th April 2010, 02:44 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
As vincenzo has already said, it is very unlikely indeed that the cockfighting will remain uncensored.
Surprisingly Love Goddess has been passed uncut.

I don't know if the print was pre-edited in any way (to edit the cockfight) or if the BBFC simply considered that the scene was passable and didn't breach their guidelines.
Old 14th April 2010, 02:46 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post

I don't know if the print was pre-edited in any way (to edit the cockfight) or if the BBFC simply considered that the scene was passable and didn't breach their guidelines.
Fantastic news.
Old 14th April 2010, 02:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Maybe it's 'culturally relevant' as it's set in a time, and a place, where the sport was indeed legal?

Great news regardless, i'll be picking it up for sure.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 14th April 2010, 02:51 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The BBFC still take a tough stance on cockfights, so perhaps the scene fell within their guidelines. Even Deep River Savages lost footage of one. It isn't the most explicit one ever filmed (Day Of The Locust is the worst I've seen).

Incidentally Optimum's Cannibal Apocalypse has received the same cut as before (the burning rat).
Old 14th April 2010, 03:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post

Could you find out whether or not the submission was pre-cut vincenzo?

Like this? Share it using the links below!