Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2007, 05:39 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Humanoids From The Deep (1980)

My post in the competition section about Prism Leisure releases made me think of this. I've currently got the 1996 made for TV version of Humanoids From The Deep (sometimes marketed as Humanoids From The Deep 2) but as far as I know the original 1980 version has never been released on DVD in the UK. I saw it once a few years back and absolutely loved it. There is a Region Free version available on Amazon Marketplace but, funnily enough, I'm not paying £36.82 for it!

You can find the IMDB page for it here!

I'd love for this sci-fi Jaws rip off to get a UK DVD release!
Old 21st December 2007, 05:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought this was tremendous fun. A film you couldn't take seriously for 2 seconds.
Old 21st December 2007, 09:42 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Competition

Yay! Somebody agrees! Shameless should totally release this film. I only saw it once and I loved it - I've never forgotten it. The remake/sequel is nowhere near as good.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:13 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I saw this on the flicks years ago now under the title of Monster. Terrific fun indeed. An uncut UK release of this is long overdue.
Old 22nd December 2007, 11:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The UK cinema version was uncut with the decapitation scene intact unlike the subsequent 18 rated video. Roger Corman added the sexual violence scenes after the director was reluctant to do so.
Old 28th December 2007, 01:49 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Like I said in another post Shameless is not meant to be exclusively Italian - it just so happens we have good access to catalogues from there and we love the stuff but as they're all hiking up their prices beyond what is reasonable we should look elsewhere and fun trash like Humanoids would be fun to do. I need to get into the roofspace and dig out all those old tapes and see what's missing from the DVD market! Mind you there's usually a good reason why...
Old 30th December 2007, 05:16 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I don't understand why Humanoids is missing from the DVD market. It's no masterpiece but it's huge fun and seems to have a reasonable fan-base. Roger Corman films are usually pretty popular (not always for "legitimate" reasons) so it's always surprised me that this one hasn't had a UK release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!