Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hardbox DVDs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/2520-hardbox-dvds.html)

LineSix 21st March 2010 12:09 PM

Hardbox DVDs

Hi

I thought this might be a good idea for Shameless (or Arrow), to start releasing films in the German/Austrian style hardboxes. They seem to be popular over here from what I can tell, they are very collectible and sought after items so I assume they would sell well. Plus, you can release more limited editions, different covers etc. I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to buy hardbox editions from the UK.

Anyone else think this could be a viable idea? What are your thoughts and opinions on this?

bdc 21st March 2010 12:16 PM

I think it's a great idea for collectors.
Only new boxes would have to made btw,no new disc.
You could just repack them.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2010 12:23 PM

I don't have any hardboxes but looking at the them on here,I'm thinking of getting some.They look very cool indeed.I'd definately love to see some released in the UK.

I did have one,the XT Video releae of The punisher.I gave it to my cousin when I bought the steelbook edition.I asked him the other day if he still had it but he put his dvds in big case and threw away all the boxes,including The Punisher hardbox.Gutted I am, :lol:

LineSix 21st March 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 68459)
I think it's a great idea for collectors.
Only new boxes would have to made btw,no new disc.
You could just repack them.

Yeah, the past releases could just get put into hardboxes, the artwork could just be the one on the existing DVD cover or something. And then the new artwork for the new releases etc.

bdc 21st March 2010 06:16 PM

Uhm I would like new artwork especially for the hardboxes...
Torso would be a prime candidate.

LineSix 21st March 2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 68549)
Uhm I would like new artwork especially for the hardboxes...
Torso would be a prime candidate.

Yeah, I guess so.

bdc 21st March 2010 07:56 PM

Oh and I don't mean a drawing by Rick btw,just some retro style artwork.
After all,hardboxes are pure nostagia... ;)

Steel76 21st March 2010 08:08 PM

Hardboxes also looks VERY nice together with the old horror VHS:s on the shelf :)

About to get Cut and Run & Just Before Dawn in big boxes on DVD :)

LineSix 22nd March 2010 06:37 PM

I asked Almar about the likelihood of Shameless/Arrow releasing hardboxes and he said the problem would be with the UK retailers not liking the new packaging as they don't tend to like change.

He said that if and when they get round to creating an online based shop they will look into releasing titles in different packaging.

So for the moment, I don't think anything will come of it, but if and when the online store is up and running it could happen.

bdc 22nd March 2010 07:18 PM

Since the hardboxes would be limited collector's editions I suppose they would not be sold in "normal" shops? ;)
The online shop would be great,just look at what happened with the Bronx tin...
Another option would maybe be to sell the limited editions through the forum?