Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2010, 03:10 PM
Cult Addict

Default Mad Foxes (1982)

Mad Foxes (1981).

A big fav of mine from the pre cert days. I would love to see an uncut uk dvd release. It also had one of the most enticing covers going (good old Merlin video), with various descriptions of the levels of violence and the age of consent, not to mention a shot gun weilding, gimp mask wearing psycho!

It really has to be one of the most over the top films ever made and a hoot to boot!

Does anybody else feel the same way about this slice of euro sleaze, or am I just fit to be certified?
Old 28th March 2010, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

LIkely to run into trouble with the BBFC, Mr.420, due to the one scene of sexual violence. The last time they saw this film in the 80's they absolutely slaughtered it. Cuts now would be minimal.

I'm not really a fan of the film but for exploitation fans it's a treat. This is one film that not many people appear to have seen.
Old 28th March 2010, 03:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Mad Foxes (1981).

A big fav of mine from the pre cert days. I would love to see an uncut uk dvd release. It also had one of the most enticing covers going (good old Merlin video), with various descriptions of the levels of violence and the age of consent, not to mention a shot gun weilding, gimp mask wearing psycho!

It really has to be one of the most over the top films ever made and a hoot to boot!

Does anybody else feel the same way about this slice of euro sleaze, or am I just fit to be certified?
I agree with everything you`ve said,I have the uncut ABCDVD which looks really good.
Favourite piece of dialogue is when the bike gang go into the karate class and throw a grenade in and one of them says"Hello bastards heres a little present for you".Brilliant!

Only complaint from me is that there are too many lingering shots of male genitilia.
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Quite so and TMF is just a feature length version of tit for tat with the bikers antagonising the good guy and the latter getting his own back in some way or another. The violence is hurled back and forth between both sides with no real semblance of a plot.

I seem to recall a scene where the bikers' are mourning their leader's passing and one member blubbers "I can't believe he won't be with us anymore!". Not exactly the kind of talk you would expect from a supposedly rough and tough motorcyclist.

A similar scene in Bronx Warriors did it so much better and TMF is definitely as mad as a box of frogs (or should that be foxes?)!
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcrue View Post
I have the uncut ABCDVD which looks really good.
So do i and although imo the DVD cover could be better the PQ is indeed excellent. Who would have thought such a sleazy effort could look so superb!
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Here's the Merlin vhs here......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg madfoxesvhsfrontback.jpg (72.4 KB, 37 views)
mr 420 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd April 2010, 04:34 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
So do i and although imo the DVD cover could be better the PQ is indeed excellent. Who would have thought such a sleazy effort could look so superb!
yeah, i have that too! cracking dvd and an insane movie!!!
Old 4th April 2010, 01:33 PM
Cult Addict

Ah!, that cover brings back lots of happy memories!
Old 4th April 2010, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Never seen it. It sounds glorious!
Old 4th April 2010, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict

Gojirosan, You quite simply HAVE to see this. Think you've seen over the top? Think again, this film is simply unique. I think im going to have to lobby this one for an upcoming shameless/arrow release!

Like this? Share it using the links below!