Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2008, 03:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

As long as the films are in their original aspect ratio with reasonable English soundtrack that'd be fine.

(or a new transfer from any print that could be found without restoration?)

How about a spin off Shameless-Asia maybe with a Thunderbolt box set.

Mission Thunderbolt
Magnum Thunderbolt
Inferno Thunderbolt
Ninja Thunderbolt
&
Majestic Thunderbolt

Majestic Thunderbolt Trailer

For no other reason than they all have Thunderbolt in the title, all produced by Joseph Lai, all Directed by Godfrey Ho and Majestic Thunderbolt is a hoot.

But I think at least Majestic would have a problem getting through the BBFC due to shooting chickens (for no reason) and Sexual Violence.

Also Lucasfilm may have something to say about bits of music.
Old 27th April 2008, 03:50 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post

What I'm looking into right now would be a Rambo rip-off box set and a Terminator rip-off box set - keep the price low but as a result not worry too much about trying to restore the films... Any thoughts?
Sort of like the Deathstalker titles and Rome 2033 (or what ever it was called ) and those other Italian sword n sorcery films ?
Now that would be cool.
Old 27th April 2008, 03:55 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoFluffyBunny View Post
Sort of like the Deathstalker titles and Rome 2033 (or what ever it was called ) and those other Italian sword n sorcery films ?
Now that would be cool.
I'd buy that one!! I love the old sandal and sorcery flicks. Deathstalker rules!!!!
Old 27th April 2008, 03:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I think Deathstalker II is a stand-out from the other Deathstalker films (although the original wasn't half bad, far better than Warrior and the sorceress that was awful.

I'd also say I'd want to have the box sets having 7mm keep cases (with the spine adjusted) or digi-packs like the Police Story Fortune Star set (for example)
Old 27th April 2008, 04:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
As long as the films are in their original aspect ratio with reasonable English soundtrack that'd be fine.

(or a new transfer from any print that could be found without restoration?)

How about a spin off Shameless-Asia maybe with a Thunderbolt box set.
Yeah we wouldn't just shit them onto disc - they'd have to be presentable.

As for Asian films I have a big backround in them as I handled the PR for HKL for years but what's offputting for us to look in that direction is that towards the end the DVDs were just not selling to even remotely begin to cover costs. I think that market became saturated with all sorts of Asian labels and all that crud needs to be flushed out so in a few years it might be time once again to unleash some cool Asian flicks.
Old 27th April 2008, 04:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hmm can see what you're saying there, but then that's why I said about these films, rather than Hong Kong action films that were kind of okay, I think this kind of one goes off the scale the other direction and could possibly be marketed towards the Italian exploitation fans. maybe going more for the exploitation trash angle than the Hong Kong angle.

Also with the bonus they don't have to look or sound that great to have that Grindhouse appeal.

Plus a good reason they need to be released on dvd is that most of the time the video versions don't come near cutting it because they're all made in 2.35:1.

But I think I'm going off topic toward just talking about Asian flicks rather than box sets.
Old 27th April 2008, 04:16 PM
Ex-member

What about a box set of her below ?

Sybil Danning is sporting a nice box set I would say.
Old 27th April 2008, 05:02 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
Hmm can see what you're saying there, but then that's why I said about these films, rather than Hong Kong action films that were kind of okay, I think this kind of one goes off the scale the other direction and could possibly be marketed towards the Italian exploitation fans. maybe going more for the exploitation trash angle than the Hong Kong angle.

Also with the bonus they don't have to look or sound that great to have that Grindhouse appeal.

Plus a good reason they need to be released on dvd is that most of the time the video versions don't come near cutting it because they're all made in 2.35:1.

But I think I'm going off topic toward just talking about Asian flicks rather than box sets.
No that's a valid point and I still wonder if the CatIII stuff shouldn't see the light of day here again in the UK.

As long as we're talking about what could go into Shameless branded box sets it's not off topic. Our easiest inroads right now are into Italian back catalogues so that's the best place to start but with the Euro very strong against the pound and some of the deluded prices we're being asked for some of the films we should start looking elsewhere - also Shameless is not confined to Italian product - it was just a very good place to start and kind close to our hearts!
Old 27th April 2008, 05:07 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I like the idea of the Rambo and Terminator rip-off sets. I know for a fact my boyfriend and his best friend would buy them so you've got two customers right of the bat!
Old 27th April 2008, 06:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

What about a Giallo boxset?

I remember reading that Shameless have access to a large part of Redemption's back catalogue ( maybe Almar can confirm this? ) With Shameless holding the rights to Formula For A Murder ( albeit in a not pristine version ) how about using the idea of saving the money on expensive restorations and release a set of rarely seen Gialli, combining FFAM with some of Redemptions old titles?

Formula For A Murder ( unreleased anywhere on DVD to my knowledge )

The Cat's Victims - uncut in its original release. Even as a VHS, Redemption's print was far superior to the VCI DVD as Watch Me When I Kill ).

In The Folds Of The Flesh - again uncut and unavailable elsewhere?

Crazy Desires Of A Murderer - again unavailable ( to my knowledge. ) Would be the only one to be resubmitted for a full uncut release, as that stupid arse Ferman cut out five seconds of an eyeball being removed.

Tailor made for those yellow sleeves too

Like this? Share it using the links below!