Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2008, 10:09 AM
Cultist in Training

I wouldn't be interested in Godfrey Ho stuff, I got some of his ninja crap out of Poundland 2 films per disc.

An Italian rip-off Terminator set sounds good though!
Old 28th April 2008, 06:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

"Italian Rambo rip offs" box set? I'll buy it!
"Italian Terminators" box set? I'll buy it
"Shameless Giallo" box set? I'll buy it....wait, I'm broke and buy it next month!
Old 29th April 2008, 08:29 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Lets get some Weng Weng out in British stores!! lol

The Giallo boxset is a brilliant idea, as are the others. How about some Nature amok stuff? killer rats... lions and tigers on the loose? All via Italian exploitation! whoop.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:44 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansonsblood View Post
I wouldn't be interested in Godfrey Ho stuff, I got some of his ninja crap out of Poundland 2 films per disc.

An Italian rip-off Terminator set sounds good though!

Ninja the protector rocks
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:50 PM
Cultist in Training

Having seen it earlier mentioned on the site I'd be pleased to see The Eliminators released.... Yeeeeeeaaaaah!

And Almar I know your always keen to get stuff on the shelf in the best possible nick, but I wonder if some buyers might be prepared to except lessor quality prints for things not ever released anywhere. Look at how well those US 50 movie boxes go, quality is shit but people dont seem to care just to see the titles. I know i'd be happy to part with money to see stuff never released on these shores, especially if you get a really desired product. Then whack them all into one slightly overpriced boxset ;o)

You could them it under, the movies THEY never wanted you to see, the they obviously being Daily Mail readers... SCUM!!! Oh is that againsyt the rules?
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I think you'd have problems with putting out Eliminators and Terrorvision etc out on the cheap as they are owned by a major.

The reason the 50 titles ones go so well is they work out at about 20p a film. And they are films they haven't had to pay the rights for or re-master.

I'd love to see Eliminators get a release(see my cover thread), but I'd be after at least a few extras(interviews, featurette etc.)
Old 3rd May 2008, 06:19 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
I think you'd have problems with putting out Eliminators and Terrorvision etc out on the cheap as they are owned by a major.

The reason the 50 titles ones go so well is they work out at about 20p a film. And they are films they haven't had to pay the rights for or re-master.

I'd love to see Eliminators get a release(see my cover thread), but I'd be after at least a few extras(interviews, featurette etc.)

Those box sets when they first hit the markets were around ?50 ($89) upon release, they only dropped down in recent years as buyers had already purchased out of them.

While I appreciate no rights were paid there were somereal gems, like the only uncut version of Bell From Hell (although sound is shit). I'd not recommend lowering standards to that level but I believe, and strongly that if Almar sourced the material that people wanted even with aweaker picture people will pay it.

I sold shit DVD's from companies from 99-2006 as well as better stuff of course, but the shit quality still sold as well simply because it was unique
Old 4th May 2008, 06:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Bronx Warriors are already out on a VIPCO double bill, complete with cover art.
The local indie video shop started stocking them a few months ago.

I think Shameless box sets would be good idea, either a same director or previously banned or same theme set with 3 or 4 titles per box would go down well.
Old 5th May 2008, 12:02 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If the box sets get the go ahead perhaps they could be a different colour for different sets, like bright red or bright green to distinguish them from the singles collection.?

Also what about Mexican or Phillipino horror films.?
When I was in Zavvi I saw a label dedicated to Austrailian exploitation films.

On the issue of lower quality, i'd gladly take a step down in print quality if it meant getting the films out.

Last edited by vipco; 5th May 2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 5th May 2008, 05:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
On the issue of lower quality, i'd gladly take a step down in print quality if it meant getting the films out.

Particularly if that "Forgotten Slashers" box set would see the light of day.

Though I'd hate it if every title in the box looked like VIPCO's release of "Pranks"...that still ranks among one of my worst DVD viewing experiences....ever.

On the other hand, if they looked around the same as VIPCO's "The Burning"...it would be ok...

Like this? Share it using the links below!