Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Box Sets (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/267-box-sets.html)

siccoyote 25th April 2008 06:42 PM

Box Sets

Just wondering if Shameless were thinking about doing any box sets in the future and what peoples opinions on that would be.

The problem of cause with box sets sometimes being if you own some of the titles in the set.

vincenzo 25th April 2008 09:28 PM

It may be possible further down the line but it's still early days yet.

Peter Neal 25th April 2008 09:59 PM

I just LOVE box sets, but to get me doubledipping on any movies already put out as single releases by Shameless, those DVDs would have to contain a reasonable amount of added extra features.:o

Best of coursee would be flicks NOT previously put out - a box set dedicated to a certain series/director/subgenre....."Forgotten Slashers" in a yellow box, anyone?:cool:

siccoyote 25th April 2008 10:06 PM

How about releasing some real stinkers in a box set resembling the Snuff packaging called "The Big Bag of Crap"

I'd buy that :D

Peter Neal 25th April 2008 10:11 PM

Reminds me of a box containing all the infamous "Don't...." movies like "Don't go in the House", "Don't Open Til Christmas", "Don't go in the Basement", "Don't answer the Phone" etc, etc, which I suggested many moons ago on the ABUK board....it didn't exactely wow Marc, but just think about the sensational cover-art you could do for this!:p:)

vincenzo 25th April 2008 10:18 PM

Yes a "Don't" box would be extremely good. BBFC-wise all these should pass unscathed now with the possible exception of Don't Go In The House.

siccoyote 25th April 2008 10:20 PM

Shame cos Don't Go in the House is one of the better ones.

But I have that anyway. :jest:

bedorca 27th April 2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siccoyote (Post 3630)
How about releasing some real stinkers in a box set resembling the Snuff packaging called "The Big Bag of Crap"

I'd buy that :D

I think Boulevard Entertainment may of beaten us to it.....;)

gore64 27th April 2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Neal (Post 3632)
Reminds me of a box containing all the infamous "Don't...." movies like "Don't go in the House", "Don't Open Til Christmas", "Don't go in the Basement", "Don't answer the Phone" etc, etc, which I suggested many moons ago on the ABUK board....it didn't exactely wow Marc, but just think about the sensational cover-art you could do for this!:p:)

'Don't Open The Box!'? or 'Don't Open... The Box!'

Sounds good. As does 'The Big Bag (Box?) Of Crap'. It could have a similar design to AB's Box Of Blood. Or maybe not....

Almar@Cult Labs 27th April 2008 03:12 PM

Yeah box sets are something we should do but rather than box up existing titles to make large boxes perhaps we'd go for slimmer packaging - space for all these things is running out in my house - how about everyone else?

I think we'd put out the Bronx Warriors films in a set perhaps with something else.

As for a big bag of crap I love the idea but I doubt we'd be allowed to put it out on store shelves!

What I'm looking into right now would be a Rambo rip-off box set and a Terminator rip-off box set - keep the price low but as a result not worry too much about trying to restore the films... Any thoughts?