Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2008, 06:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Agreed...though when I presented the argument elsewhere people thought that the casual horror fan would rather stick to their shitty VIPCO discs while the geeks got their issue - apparently - settled years ago via US imports.

I don't know: AWE's Fulci line seems to sell reasonable enough to put out other fave cult titles previously only availlable in decent shape via R1 or Dutch DVDs in Scandinavia...so I really don't see why it would be so dramatically different in the UK to sell these as proper releases.

I think if Shameless could get some features on these discs that would make all the difference
Old 3rd March 2008, 07:12 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I'd love to have extras but the money involved is too much and because there are no staff (as in we all have day jobs) we'd have to really slow down on the release schedule. That said we're always up to aproaches from anyone out there who can do stuff for specific releases and so on. We're currently focusing time on improving the films where possible so putting back Frightened Woman to work on inserting all those missing moments and now looking at doing the same with Baba Yaga depending on materials.
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate the cost of features.

My reply was just down to what would make those specific titles buyable for existing owners. Lets be realistic with two releases on DVD under the vipco label and for some 3 on video although popular titles would you really want another?
Old 3rd March 2008, 09:16 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's not just the money it's the time but yeah we'll find out the hard way if people really want another copy of certain films. The key will be to try and get them right and that's what we're trying to improve and where we really benefit from all the feedback on here.
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:31 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

One of the reasons the dvdtimes review of Night Train Murders recommends the BU region 1 dvd over the Shameless version is the extras on the BU disc and while it would be nice to have them on the uk disc,I think it's important that we all realise that cost is a factor when it comes to a small company like Shameless and they should be applauded for geting these titles out to the british public.I do love my extras on my dvds and would usually go for the extras heavy versions out there but Shameless needs all the support it can get from us,so I know that I for one will continue to support them,hopefully for many years to come.I blame my support on all this spiffy yellow artwork and the crafty person that thought about putting a spanning pic on the spines.If there's one thing I hate,It's a missing part of a spanning spine,so I'm going to have to get them all now

Oh and one more thing.Just bought the Night Train Murders and I love the little plug for the website,"We actually talk to our customers.Plus we're not that creepy" lol
Old 21st April 2008, 03:28 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Default Release Suggestions

Hi,

What are the chances of Shameless releasing any of these? Would they be the type of titles you would want to put out?

Bestialita - Interesting exploitation movie about a couple who meet a young girl who is very close to her pet dog. Written by Mr. Anthropophagous George Eastman, with a couple of stand out sleaze moments. Could get by the BBFC unscathed I reckon.

Giallo A Venezia - One of the sleaziest Giallo's ever. Only trouble is it could still pose a problem with the censors.

The Bloodstained Butterfly - Pretty nifty Giallo.

Something is Creeping in the Dark - Strange but decent little flick.

The Killer Reserved 9 Seats - Interesting Giallo.

Two Faces of Fear - Another interesting Giallo with climatic real life heart op surgery suspense!

Oasis of Fear - Lenzi Giallo with a terrific toe tappin' score!

Black Candles - A nice looking print of this would be really good. The US disc is apparently not in the best shape. I think it would get by uncut now, goat scene 'n all.

Crazy Desires of A Murderer - Cheesy little fun flick. Slightly trimmed when released by Redemption, but should hopefully sail through now.

In the Folds of the Flesh - Amusingly trashy Giallo.

The Curse of the Vampire - Spanish vampire flick with lots of titties and women in chains tickled with feathers.

Night of the Devils - Excellent vampire flick, based on short story by Tolstoy also covered by Bava in 'Black Sabbath'.

Nero and Poppea: An Orgy of Power - Bruno Mattei's cheapie 'Caligula' cash-in.

Lorna, The Exorcist - Jess Franco's perverted horror flick featuring naked women with a bad case of crabs.

The Perverse Countess - Franco's sexed up version of 'The Most Dangerous Game'.

Think that will do for now....so, any chances for any of these?

EDIT:

Oops!!! Posted this in the wrong section. Feel free to move it to 'Under the Counter'.

Last edited by Someone Weird; 21st April 2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 21st April 2008, 06:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes Black Candles wouldn't have any problems today. The previous BBFC cuts in 1995 were to remove sight of a sword thrust between the buttocks of a man tortured by satanists.

Likewise the eyeball gouging cut from Crazy Desires of a Murderer would pass now.

Last edited by Angel; 21st April 2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 27th April 2008, 04:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Havent saw it, but Nero and Poppea sounds interesting.
Would also like to see Caligula the untold story get a UK release.(forgive spelling)
I wonder how that would fare with the bbfc.?

Last edited by vipco; 27th April 2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 27th April 2008, 05:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I'd be only interested in a fully uncut version, which I think would fair extremely poorly (even though I haven't seen it)
Old 27th April 2008, 06:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes Caligula Untold Story (haven't seen it either) would almost certainly be subjected to numerous cuts even today. All the hardcore stuff as well as the scene involving a horse and possibly the rape scenes would have to go. It was banned last time even though it was a heavily pre cut version. Somehow I can't see anyone ever submitting the uncut version anyway.

Like this? Share it using the links below!