Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2008, 03:41 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The only salesman for Shameless on here is me in that anyone else who enthuses I'd like to think do it because they enjoy a bit of down 'n' dirty grit in a slick market and miss the days of mad old video labels where you really didn't know what was coming next. We try and be an open book so that fans can actually get some kind of say in what they'd like to see from a UK label and people like the mods on there get free DVDs but nowt else!

Shameless should have kicked off around 5-7 years ago when the retail prices paid for DVDs allowed for extras - witness the golden era of Hong Kong Legends for instance. Now the money just isn't there to allow us to buy or make extras (porting over extras would seem like a good idea but the prices we've been quoted are outrageous - why? Because foreign labels want to keep their sales)

Added to that to get the titles out and have extras you need staff and we just don't have any. We don't though expect people to buy inferior products. We own many versions of our favourite films and what we try to offer with our discs is the version you'll pull off your shelf to watch - as in a nice, crisp PAL DVD with the best, most correct version of the film available. We're still working on getting that spot on but we think the product from us has improved in the 8 months we've been around.

Given that most predicted we'd never make it into stores, let along past month one well that means never say never - we'd like to do all sorts with our releases in the future and most importantly with you guys on board.
Old 8th May 2008, 08:22 PM
Cult Rookie

count me in for the Naschy Werewolf movies as well!
Old 9th May 2008, 08:45 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Would anyone buy the Naschy films? I've got a soft spot for them like many hardcore fans but I wonder at the wider appeal. I was looking at a list of them of them today now available on hi-def masters but couldn't quite see them flying off the shelves... or am I wrong?

One title I was pondering though to try and finally bring out uncut would be Mark of the Devil - any interest in that?
Old 9th May 2008, 08:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Definetly- Nacho Naschy and cheese the perfect viewing experience.....I for one would buy them and Mark of the devil for defo!
Old 9th May 2008, 08:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

I already have most of the BCI Naschy releases. Horror Rises From The Tomb is probably one of the best.

I only have the cut ABUK disc of Mark Of The Devil, so I'd definitely buy an uncut Shameless release.
Old 9th May 2008, 09:25 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Naschy's The Werewolf And The Yeti would be a certain hit. Its cult movie status alone ensures that, plus its legacy as an official video nasty. A definite hit.

Whether Mark Of The Devil would now pass fully uncut is debatable. The cuts last time (38 secs) were to shots of topless nudity when Gaby Fuchs is strapped to the rack and tortured. The fact that she's naked and bound is often a problem with the BBFC, though there are no full-frontal shots in the scene. I'm narrowly inclined to think it might just make it but it could be a close one.
Old 9th May 2008, 09:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Agreed vince....would be a big seller due to it's DPP 39 status.....
Old 9th May 2008, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

It shouldn't have any BBFC problems now. There's a threesome sex scene and the infamous flaying sequence but nothing too explicit by today's standards. Been years since I last saw this.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I would love to see an uncut or as complete as possible ' Mark of the Devil,' especially on Shameless.

Not that keen on Naschy myself and wouldn't imagine a Naschy collection would do well sales ways.

I'd love to see an uncut version of House by the Cemetry and an uncut ' Bloody Moon as well as ' Night of the Demon,' as these were all cut when VIPCO released them in the UK, with only Denmark getting the uncut versions from VIPCO.

Another film i'd like to see on Shameless would be ' The Other Hell.'

I wouldn't be keen on Fulci's City of the Living Dead as its still available in shops at ?6 and I dont think its a great film, I much prefer The Beyond.

Here I go again but a 'Extreme' version of Cannibal Ferox' is a film thats gonna make money here in the UK as the current heavily cut VIPCO version is a disgrace at ?19.99 plus Zavvi and HMV replace that on the shelf quickly when it sells out.,( were are they getting them from?) so getting them to stock a 'Extreme' Shameless version should be quite easy.

Last edited by vipco; 9th May 2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Personally I don't find the current cuts in the ABUK Mark Of The Devil to be all that distracting. In fact it's been edited so well that you wouldn't know they'd been made and I can't see them being edited any better now. All that's missing basically is some of the dialogue (as it was part of the scene) and the shots of the girl's breasts during the panning shot as she's lying bound on the rack. The cuts really don't detract from the film in any way.

The old Redemption video was absolutely cut to shreds.

Like this? Share it using the links below!