Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2008, 05:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good idea...how about from the MANIAC who brought you CH?
Old 17th May 2008, 07:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I still think ' The Other Hell ' would be a good Shameless release.

What about Bruno Mattei's Cannibal Holocaust'The beginning ' to cash in on Holocaust's remake/ companion piece.? I dont think its available in the UK. ......?
Or HOTEOTP. surely it wouldn't suffer nearly 11 mins of cuts now. That another you could slap a ' From the maker of' banner across .

I still think that if Shameless ever do a Cannibal film , Ferox's the one.. its a dead cert to do well in sales.

Last edited by vipco; 17th May 2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 17th May 2008, 07:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Other Hell would make a good release. It was cut during the Ferman junta, but I'm sure it would fly through now.

I actually think The Washing Machine would make for a good addition to the Shameless catalogue. It was briefly available ( uncut ) on UK VHS a few years ago. It's a very enjoyable Giallo with several bizarre twists. Plenty of gore and sleaze - and a real eye - catching title too!
Old 18th May 2008, 01:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

@Almar: Have you tried to contact "Anolis", who've released the now very rare, long oop and limited SE of "Blood & Black Lace" as "Blutige Seide" in Germany?
I thought their print looked well enough and the extras they provided were also quite nice (commentary track in German though), plus: They had the Italian audio with an English option- but only on the limited edition.

You might ask Christian Kessler for more info. He's one of Germany's finest genre critics and has participated in the commentary for "Blood and Black Lace."
Here's a link to the English language section of his homepage:

http://www.christiankessler.de/international.htm

Last edited by Peter Neal; 18th May 2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 18th May 2008, 07:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good thinking Peter,......Almar,how about THE NIGHT VISITOR with Max Von Sydow...anyone remember that one? Wintry tale about axe murders.....
Old 18th May 2008, 09:51 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
@Almar: Have you tried to contact "Anolis", who've released the now very rare, long oop and limited SE of "Blood & Black Lace" as "Blutige Seide" in Germany? I thought their print looked well enough and the extras they provided were also quite nice (commentary track in German though), plus: They had the Italian audio with an English option- but only on the limited edition.
Especially if the original Italian title sequence (even in lesser quality) can be edited in to replace the German title sequence.

I'd like to see THE NIGHT VISITOR too. I think there's a Spanish DVD.
Old 18th May 2008, 11:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Somebody should do a poll on the 10 most talked about films in this thread to see were things stand.
I'd do it be I dont know how but i'd vote for the 'Extreme Special Ed. Ferox' with one of those 'Warnings' on the front like NOTD had in the pre cert box.

Last edited by vipco; 18th May 2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 19th May 2008, 09:52 AM
Cult Rookie

How about stuff that's OOP and goes for big money on eBay. If people are prepared to fork out that kind of cash for a second hand copy, it kind of indicates that you'd have no problems with sales.

A decent print of Blood & Black Lace has already been mentioned. Others I can think of are Salo and the uncut/unrated version of Bride Of The Reanimator (but with a decent print).

Something else I'd like to see are more films with original language soundtracks. Doing this with something like Don't Torture A Duckling would guarentee a double-dip for me (if its uncut), since the English language on the current Blue Underground / Anchor Bay US release is so horendously bad.

Abaddon.
Old 19th May 2008, 04:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Does anyone mind subtitles.?
Old 19th May 2008, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I rarely ever watch subtitled films. One film I did watch and enjoy though was Switchblade Romance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!