Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Night Of The Demon (1980) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/31-night-demon-1980-a.html)

vincenzo 26th March 2008 11:47 AM

Definitely. There's giblets asunder in that scene. :)

It's slightly better (and more serious - ish) than Don't Go In The Woods but they're both as daft as each other. The UK DVD of DGITW is a superb extras-crammed release, considering the film is so abysmal.

vipco 26th March 2008 12:50 PM

Do you think it will ever get a decent re release.? (NOTD)

vincenzo 26th March 2008 12:55 PM

Very hard to say really. Hopefully it will but I thought it would have been released long before now. Zone Horror showed it fully uncut though the quality was pretty much VHS standard.

All that's (officially) around at the moment is the heavily cut Vipco release. :(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st April 2008 08:04 PM

I've got an uncut ntsc dvd release (passable quality)...uncut the film is superb:cool:This would sell by the shitload Almar;)the fan base for this one is huge!

vipco 2nd April 2008 10:06 AM

Your right Reaper, over at another horror fansite I am a member of its the most asked about film.

vincenzo 2nd April 2008 02:27 PM

It would be a Shameless exclusive too. The film isn't legally available uncut anywhere in the world.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd April 2008 05:54 PM

What do you reckon Almar?......We guys reckon this is the one for 'this time next year Almar you'll be a millionaire'!:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd April 2008 06:01 PM

Guys and gals,let's get together and badger ol Almar into this one....it worked over at abuk with Marc and bloodbath at the house of death:D....Are you ready Almar?:jest:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd April 2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 1697)
The version of Pranks released by Vipco in 1992 was cut by 10 secs by the BBFC (the drill murder). Alas the version they released on DVD in 2001 was the same print. The full version would definitely have been passed if they'd submitted it.

Apparently the U.S DVD is exactly the same print as the cut U.K one (to the point where it's probably a bootleg release, even down to the Vipco skulls on the cover).

I've got this vince m8,the print ain't much better than Vipco's,but it's fully uncut....

Almar@Cult Labs 2nd April 2008 07:25 PM

Sadly none of these titles would ever make me a millionaire :(

However bring it on with Night of the Demon harrassment as I'll pass it right on. I'm already on the case but of course if lots and lots of people start to ask well it's all fuel to the fire so bring it on! If we get it you can all help with the sleeve and so on!