Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Night Of The Demon (1980) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/31-night-demon-1980-a.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th July 2009 09:42 AM

So is this a definite 'go' for Shameless then? I've only seen the cut version but would love to see it in the yellow box with the Fan Edition treatment.

vincenzo 24th July 2009 10:27 AM

We live in hopes, Nosferatu. Zone Horror used to show the uncut version and it's an essential release. :coolblue:

Daemonia 24th July 2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 3126)
NOTD is available as a torrent download, whatever that is over on The Realm horror site and its fully uncut.
Someone has posted a load of different films as torrent download's.

I use my PS3 for web browsing so I can't get any, so could somebody please explain what they are.

Torrents are basically downloads, usually unauthorised and rarely legitimate. They're called 'torrents' as basically once a load of people start to download/upload it, it becomes a 'torrent', as in downloading torrentially, like a flood, I suppose. Some argue that they're a way of getting to see rare and unavailable material - but I prefer to wait for the real deal, or, alternatively, catch them on the fringe channels on Sky (you'd be surprised what you can find!) . My copy of NOTD is recorded off the Zone Horror channel, but is badly in need of some remastering love. :)

I also avoid downloading (not least because of my sloooooow internet connection - still only on 512k here!) because downloading and piracy can lead to legitimate releases being aborted because of lost sales. Small distributors are struggling enough as it is.

Calum 24th July 2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 35316)
Torrents are basically downloads, usually unauthorised and rarely legitimate. They're called 'torrents' as basically once a load of people start to download/upload it, it becomes a 'torrent', as in downloading yorrentially, like a flood, I suppose. Some argue that they're a way of getting to see rare and unavailable material - but I prefer to wait for the real deal, or, alternatively, catch them on the fringe channels on Sky (you'd be surprised what you can find!) . My copy of NOTD is recorded off the Zone Horror channel, but is badly in need of some remastering love. :)

I also avoid downloading (not least because of my sloooooow internet connection - still only on 512k here!) because downloading and piracy can lead to legitimate releases being aborted because of lost sales. Small distributors are struggling enough as it is.

Thanks for that post CJ - that's pretty much my thoughts too. I have never used BitTorrent and never will. The industry needs financed somehow or else the effect on (especially) small labels will be a disaster. Moreover, that trickles down to folks like myself too - nothing new coming out = magazines struggle to find space to fill = magazines fold = those of us who make our living from writing lose out too.

As an aside, Night of the Demon is a laugh riot. I also might be the youngest person to have ever seen it. My much older brother showed me it, from start to finish, when I was four years old - back just before the VRA came into action!

I thought it was great!

BioZombie 25th July 2009 01:05 AM

Torrents are not always illegal, there are plenty of sites that offer out of copywright (or opensource) films in torrent form because its an easyway of hosting them and a relativly quick download. There are also sites for direct download and streaming of opensource films.
I recomend Maniac (1934) and Image of Bruce Lee (Starring Bruce Li and everyones favourite kung-fu artist Bolo Yeung) as 2 great examples of films you are legally allowed to download. Also Night of the Living Dead and Plan 9 From Outer Space are on too as well as countless others (many of extremly dubious quality).

Downloading films that are still within copyright law is not something I agree with though and with most films I would much rather have a dvd with a nice box than a file on my computer.

Splatterdragon73 26th July 2009 09:57 AM

Image Of Bruce Lee is a right laugh, especially Bolo Yeung losing pretty much every fight he has in the film! How about what he wears too with the skin tight white top and trousers with the blue jacket on top? It's the sort of attire Trigger would wear in Only Fools And Horses!

I'm up for a legit release of NOTD too as it was a popular title with me from the good ol' days. Actually managed to tape the uncut but lousy looking version off The Horror Channel but shortly afterwards accidentaly recorded over it! The fool i was!!:tsk:

Pete 27th July 2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 35316)
Torrents are basically downloads, usually unauthorised and rarely legitimate. They're called 'torrents' as basically once a load of people start to download/upload it, it becomes a 'torrent', as in downloading torrentially, like a flood, I suppose. Some argue that they're a way of getting to see rare and unavailable material - but I prefer to wait for the real deal, or, alternatively, catch them on the fringe channels on Sky (you'd be surprised what you can find!) . My copy of NOTD is recorded off the Zone Horror channel, but is badly in need of some remastering love. :)

My brother in law downloads from torrent sites!:tsk::mad2:

Almar@Cult Labs 27th July 2009 12:50 PM

I can think of two labels in the past few weeks that have told me they don't see any point in spending money on digging out cult films any more - this is the problem with torrents - they do actually have an effect.

Pete 27th July 2009 01:09 PM

He doesnt download cult stuff. He's to scared to watch anything that wasn't made in hollywood.

Almar@Cult Labs 27th July 2009 01:18 PM

and he's your brother?

Pete 27th July 2009 01:22 PM

Sadly yes! and he doesnt like football!!!!:faint:

No one else in my family ( aside from my dad ) likes culty stuff. They think its 'wierd' and i should watch normal stuff.

Almar@Cult Labs 27th July 2009 02:13 PM

Actually I'm the only real horror fan in my family.

vincenzo 27th July 2009 03:06 PM

I've never downloaded a torrent (or any film for that matter) because I don't agree with it. A genuine film is the only way for me.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th July 2009 08:55 PM

TORRENTS ARE SHITE!:mad2:

:focus:
Anyway you dug out the master for the best yeti movie ever made Almar?:fear::car:

Nora 31st July 2009 12:36 PM

I'd buy it. One for the video nasties buyer's guide, that.

TALL DUDE 31st July 2009 12:53 PM

Well almar,seems you have 400 plus buyers right here!:coolblue:

Almar@Cult Labs 31st July 2009 01:10 PM

Okay well if you all hand over your money I'll just get the discs from behind this curtain... :bolt:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st July 2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 35429)
Actually I'm the only real horror fan in my family.

Me too - though my brother doesn't mind them, he doesn't have the same passion that I have - my parents don't know where I get it from as neither of them can stand horror films. My Mum covered her eyes at the end of Don't Look Now (in 1974) and has only seen the end when I lent her the DVD and insisted she watch it all the way through! I doubt I'll make a convert of her as she thinks Shameless stuff is wierd and doesn't understand why I watch and enjoy the films.

As for torrents, I don't download anything that I won't subsequently buy unless it's out of copyright and a legal download.

Pete 31st July 2009 02:05 PM

My dad loves horror and sleaze and thats how i got into it as he showed me horror from a very early age. My mum and my 2 sisters hate it. Also my nan ( R.I.P ) was huge horror/ exploitation fan and would often tape all kinds of wierd movies for me off sky. I'll never forget watching House by the Cemetery with her and she turned to me just after Daniela Doria got a knife though her haid and said 'I love a good Murder!' She was 85 at the time.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2009 04:24 PM

Supergran!:coolblue:
Funnily enough Loopo,it was my old man who started me down the horror path,letting me stay up and watch those Hammer double bills when I was a pup.:coolblue:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 35850)
Well almar,seems you have 400 plus buyers right here!:coolblue:

Easily TD.
First million-selling horror disc in the UK.:pray:

vincenzo 31st July 2009 04:32 PM

Never mind Titanic (sorry Angel) or Mamma Mia. This is a sure-fire hit. :rockon:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2009 04:35 PM

Absolutely.
Almar,you relented yet,or are ya ready for more?:poke::pound:

Paul 31st July 2009 05:17 PM

Perhaps we could put Almar in a Saw style trap that he can only get out of if he Releases NOTD. :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st July 2009 05:21 PM

Good idea mate.I know a guy thats an ironmonger.I'll give him a call.:fear:

Daemonia 1st August 2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 35989)
Good idea mate.I know a guy thats an ironmonger.I'll give him a call.:fear:

Hahahaha - that made me laugh out loud, no mean feat (I'm a miserable bugger :) ).

We really need this DVD, Shameless/Arrow. If you don't put out NOTD, Reaps' blood pressure is going to get dangerously high! :faint:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd August 2009 12:04 AM

Got a doctor standing by mate.:faint:

Acid Christ 20th August 2009 08:03 PM

I would like to vote to see Night of the Demon released.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th August 2009 08:19 PM

Another member for the cause reaps... :woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th August 2009 08:31 PM

Good on ya B.E.!:)
Time to stick this thread,what do you think mate?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th August 2009 08:46 PM

Definitely we wouldn't want anyone to forget about it, would we? ;) I mean we hardly ever mention it... and we're onto a promise of it's release once we reach 500 memebers aren't we Almar?! :pound:

Daemonia 22nd August 2009 10:40 AM

I reckon if Shameless/Arrow ever release this, then there should be a documentary on there about Reaps - Night of the Demon Superfan. :)

Vampix 22nd August 2009 03:17 PM

I've only ever seen a few clips from Night of the Demon and read some reviews, and it does look and sound entertaining.If Shameless were to release it onto DVD I'd no doubt snap it up just to see what all the fuss is about! :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd August 2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 39079)
I reckon if Shameless/Arrow ever release this, then there should be a documentary on there about Reaps - Night of the Demon Superfan. :)

:laugh:
Night of the Demon stalker! :crazy:

Extras could include an interview with Almar.....
'How this eejit burst my head and eardrums for two years.'

:pound:

Daemonia 22nd August 2009 04:29 PM

Night of the Demon Stalker - are you planning a remake, Reaps? :laugh:

On a more serious note - any news on this? Will we be seeing a sparkly new restored release? Please? :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd August 2009 04:43 PM

Need to ask the Big Boss mate,but I don't hold much hope....:(

But hey,I'm like a dog with a bone!:laugh:

Daemonia 23rd August 2009 09:59 AM

Keep chewing on that bone, mate - you never know, we might get lucky! I know Code Red have been having trouble with this title, let's hope Shameless/Arrow have more luck!

Splatterdragon73 20th November 2009 12:47 PM

I recently came across a foreign company called D & T Mail Order and sorry i can't post a link as i don't know how!

Anyway, they have NOTD down for a European DVD release the 18th of next month with two different cover designs.
Extras apparently consist of some nondescript trailers and the documentary Splatter:The Architects Of Fear.
Also, the transfer is fullscreen going by the product info so are we possibly looking at a VHS duplicate here? I have no idea personally.

Now i have never used the above mail order trader before so i confess i don't know if this outfit or this forthcoming NOTD DVD is legit.
I just thought i'd mention this news and see what everybody else here has to say.:)

Daemonia 20th November 2009 01:26 PM

I've used D & T Mail Order a few times, they're definitely legit and a reliable company, so order with confidence. :)

http://shop.dtm.at/index.php?languag...438b6525dcea61

vincenzo 20th November 2009 01:31 PM

Splatter: Architects Of Fear.