Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2009, 09:42 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So is this a definite 'go' for Shameless then? I've only seen the cut version but would love to see it in the yellow box with the Fan Edition treatment.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:27 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

We live in hopes, Nosferatu. Zone Horror used to show the uncut version and it's an essential release.
Old 24th July 2009, 01:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
NOTD is available as a torrent download, whatever that is over on The Realm horror site and its fully uncut.
Someone has posted a load of different films as torrent download's.

I use my PS3 for web browsing so I can't get any, so could somebody please explain what they are.
Torrents are basically downloads, usually unauthorised and rarely legitimate. They're called 'torrents' as basically once a load of people start to download/upload it, it becomes a 'torrent', as in downloading torrentially, like a flood, I suppose. Some argue that they're a way of getting to see rare and unavailable material - but I prefer to wait for the real deal, or, alternatively, catch them on the fringe channels on Sky (you'd be surprised what you can find!) . My copy of NOTD is recorded off the Zone Horror channel, but is badly in need of some remastering love.

I also avoid downloading (not least because of my sloooooow internet connection - still only on 512k here!) because downloading and piracy can lead to legitimate releases being aborted because of lost sales. Small distributors are struggling enough as it is.

Last edited by Daemonia; 24th July 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 24th July 2009, 04:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Torrents are basically downloads, usually unauthorised and rarely legitimate. They're called 'torrents' as basically once a load of people start to download/upload it, it becomes a 'torrent', as in downloading yorrentially, like a flood, I suppose. Some argue that they're a way of getting to see rare and unavailable material - but I prefer to wait for the real deal, or, alternatively, catch them on the fringe channels on Sky (you'd be surprised what you can find!) . My copy of NOTD is recorded off the Zone Horror channel, but is badly in need of some remastering love.

I also avoid downloading (not least because of my sloooooow internet connection - still only on 512k here!) because downloading and piracy can lead to legitimate releases being aborted because of lost sales. Small distributors are struggling enough as it is.
Thanks for that post CJ - that's pretty much my thoughts too. I have never used BitTorrent and never will. The industry needs financed somehow or else the effect on (especially) small labels will be a disaster. Moreover, that trickles down to folks like myself too - nothing new coming out = magazines struggle to find space to fill = magazines fold = those of us who make our living from writing lose out too.

As an aside, Night of the Demon is a laugh riot. I also might be the youngest person to have ever seen it. My much older brother showed me it, from start to finish, when I was four years old - back just before the VRA came into action!

I thought it was great!
Old 25th July 2009, 01:05 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Torrents are not always illegal, there are plenty of sites that offer out of copywright (or opensource) films in torrent form because its an easyway of hosting them and a relativly quick download. There are also sites for direct download and streaming of opensource films.
I recomend Maniac (1934) and Image of Bruce Lee (Starring Bruce Li and everyones favourite kung-fu artist Bolo Yeung) as 2 great examples of films you are legally allowed to download. Also Night of the Living Dead and Plan 9 From Outer Space are on too as well as countless others (many of extremly dubious quality).

Downloading films that are still within copyright law is not something I agree with though and with most films I would much rather have a dvd with a nice box than a file on my computer.

Last edited by vincenzo; 25th July 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 26th July 2009, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Image Of Bruce Lee is a right laugh, especially Bolo Yeung losing pretty much every fight he has in the film! How about what he wears too with the skin tight white top and trousers with the blue jacket on top? It's the sort of attire Trigger would wear in Only Fools And Horses!

I'm up for a legit release of NOTD too as it was a popular title with me from the good ol' days. Actually managed to tape the uncut but lousy looking version off The Horror Channel but shortly afterwards accidentaly recorded over it! The fool i was!!
Old 27th July 2009, 12:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Torrents are basically downloads, usually unauthorised and rarely legitimate. They're called 'torrents' as basically once a load of people start to download/upload it, it becomes a 'torrent', as in downloading torrentially, like a flood, I suppose. Some argue that they're a way of getting to see rare and unavailable material - but I prefer to wait for the real deal, or, alternatively, catch them on the fringe channels on Sky (you'd be surprised what you can find!) . My copy of NOTD is recorded off the Zone Horror channel, but is badly in need of some remastering love.

My brother in law downloads from torrent sites!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th July 2009, 12:50 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I can think of two labels in the past few weeks that have told me they don't see any point in spending money on digging out cult films any more - this is the problem with torrents - they do actually have an effect.
Old 27th July 2009, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

He doesnt download cult stuff. He's to scared to watch anything that wasn't made in hollywood.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th July 2009, 01:18 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

and he's your brother?

Like this? Share it using the links below!