Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2008, 09:26 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Default Shameless sleaze

Sex sells. Doesn't it? Would Shameless be able to add to their coffers by starting a line of (ahem) skinflick-type titles? Anything British/American/European from the 60s/70s/80s that can't currently be found on these shores? Nothing hard obviously, but the BBFC are very much more relaxed in their attitude to sex nowadays (Don't Look Now is a 15?!).

I think a lot of people would have liked to have seen Anchor Bay tackle these kinds of movies, although with the exception of some Franco titles it wasn't really company policy. Would it be feasible to find some decent titles to release? They could be in blue boxes to distinguish them the regular titles! Just a thought, not sure of the economics or practicalities, but it's amazing how even the most boring film can be made endurable with a bit of eye candy.
Old 27th April 2008, 03:07 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I like the idea Gore and I have in my mind a sub-label we'd call 'Spanky!' and put out everything from Mary Millington flicks to other questionable offerings. Our problem is unlike AB we don't have monsterous corporations behind us to bankroll new ventures and also stores are now cutting back on their adult sections. Still everyone advised us not to try Shameless so we'd not let that put us off!

So let's gather some suggestions here and maybe we'll get to give it a go!
Old 27th April 2008, 03:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As a sleaze fan, I think it's a terrific idea Almar

I'll have a think of some titles..
Old 27th April 2008, 04:04 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Please do - we can certainly kick off with some Italian fare with reasonable ease. I was looking at stuff like Craving Desire the other day and thinking in this day and age with all the super hard material you can see for free on the net would anyone want this kind of softcore anymore?
Old 27th April 2008, 09:04 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Glad to see Shameless are receptive this idea, You guys are so cool!

Mary Millington sounds good, as does anything with Edwige Fenech.

Passion Flower Hotel/Boarding School with Nastassja Kinski?

Years ago (I think we're talking about the late 80s) I went to Birmingham to catch a screening of The Blood Spattered Bride. There was a technical problem and they couldn't show it, so I wandered into the other screen and saw Sex Is Beautiful (La Revelation, 1973) instead, with Olga Georges-Picot. It's been many years, but I remember it fondly.

I sat through tons of this stuff at the local fleapit fom the early 80s onwards (a couple of times while playing hooky from school) and though most of the films were cut to ribbons according to the highly censorious standards of the BBFC at the time, I'd like to see some again, hopefully uncut.

I have no idea of print availability, or whether there is any market for this kind of movie now and wouldn't expect anything to be remastered, but if Shameless could squeeze some of it out onto DVD I, for one, would be eternally grateful.
Old 27th April 2008, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
with all the super hard material you can see for free on the net would anyone want this kind of softcore anymore?
Yeah!! Absolutely..!! The softcore stuff is gold - esp. the Italian flicks. Edwige Fenich movies are a great start. How about Rita Calderoni, or Rentao Polselli. Mary Millington sounds fine too. I have a thing for Laura Gemser, but the majority of her stuff is Emmanuelle - and done to death now. Or, how about Marco Bellocchio's Il Diavolo in corpo (Devil in the Flesh).. No Shame DVD is OOP now (although the sex is unsimulated, I think there are softer versions..)

You know, I would love to see Shameless release The Blood Spattered Bride (sorry, off topic - but gore mentioning it in passing reminds me what a great film it is).
Old 27th April 2008, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I don't really like naked people in films so forgive me but i'll pass.
Old 27th April 2008, 11:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I love em, what the world needs is a 2.35:1 release of Charles Band's Fairy Tales.
Old 27th April 2008, 11:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I havent seen it but if theres naked people in it then I wouldn't like it very much.

Im not against other people watching naked people on film mind.

Last edited by vipco; 27th April 2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 28th April 2008, 12:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Oh there's loads of them, but there's also lots of singing, dance numbers and comedy too!

Like this? Share it using the links below!