Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Promo leaflets (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/320-promo-leaflets.html)

vipco 2nd May 2008 11:12 AM

Promo leaflets

I'd like to see the fold out booklet type thing showcasing Shameless releases and forth comming attractions come in side the DVD case with selected titles.
Something similar to the fold away booklet you used to get in selected VIPCO vhs boxes of the early 90's.
They were handy to remind you which titles you needed to get and they showcased the artwork of the titles.

siccoyote 2nd May 2008 03:37 PM

if is nice to have something on the inside of the case when you open it up, even if it's a photo of some strumpet with blood all over her and stuff ala Redemption's old covers.

An extra bit to collect. :)

vipco 2nd May 2008 03:56 PM

Thats true.

I like the mini catalogue's as it means you can tick of what you've bought.
Even a picture like you say on one side and a list of titles on the other would be sweet.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2008 04:58 PM

Yep,remember those,they WORK...that's what started me collecting Vipco vhs's,and I ended up with a full set,so maybe something worth thinking about Almar,...especially with titles in the high street stores so sporadic....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2008 05:16 PM

Warner did the same with their TERROR VISION collection.....;)

vipco 2nd May 2008 06:32 PM

They definitely sell dvd's as each time you open the case theres all these lovely titles looking at you and you do want to buy them all.

Would be worth thinking about Almar, especially as the casual buyer who picks up one title is getting exposed to the full range at a low cost, and they're then down pre ordering stuff they didn't see on the shelf.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2008 07:58 PM

Spot on mate....are you listening Al?:cuss:

Almar@Cult Labs 2nd May 2008 09:00 PM

My plan was to have a collectible magazine with each title with articles on the film in question and then other articles, short stories etc but it was vetoed on cost and everyone I spoke to said it was a stoopid old way of doing things and no one reads bits of paper anymore and other such dull stuff. it would also be a HUGE millstone around my neck but I still like the idea - I figured people would keep the mags in their bathrooms for a wee read!

So what do you reckon to them apples? :coolblue:

vipco 2nd May 2008 09:53 PM

I recon a simple double sided yellow leaflet.

One side a few selected titles with pictures of the cover's , plus a printed list of current releases.
One the other a voucher for ?1 or whatever, off the RRP of any title thats cover is on the other side. ( maybe the slower sellers )

OR

A mini catalogue of Shameless titles, much like the ones you get in BluRay disc cases showcasing all Shameless releases.

Both are simple to produce and gives the casual buyer or someone who's just starting their collection access to the whole Shameless range that might not be in stock in the shop, plus the catalogue number for easy pre ordering.

The booklet is a nice idea but it would prove to be expensive in the long run, plus it would be wasted on casual buyers.

The main idea would be to let people who don't visit the forum but like certain films know whats available here and now n UK stores without costly promotion's.
Just an idea to carry on what the Zavvi promotion started.

siccoyote 2nd May 2008 09:58 PM

I'd still go with a postcard with the list of titles on one side and scantily clad lady on the other, a lot less reading but something to do with your eyes :D

Also much quicker to produce and more fun :D