Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2009, 10:18 AM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejay View Post
Oh, and Band left Empire with the company over $20 million in debt - and it was then taken over for a short time by Trans-World (who changed the name to 'Epic')...

Empire was just one of the companies caught up in the Credit Lyonnais scandal of the late '80's... and its catalogue was lumped in with Cannon's and DEG and sold to MGM...

...so I don't think he'll be seeing much or any money from any Empire release in the future...
Good old Charlie huh ! I thought he had all his Full Moon stuff tied up with Paramount too, but he seems to be 'working around' this as I've just picked up a couple of his Region 0 best of boxsets that have been released in Australia on the 'Kangaroo' label - yeah right !! who does he think he's kidding !! But still, at least I can dump my crappy VHS - DVD transfers that I did a few years back as my early Full Moon stuff was beginning to deteriorate.

I've picked up the Trancers boxset, Full Moon Classics Vol 1 & Vol 2 and the Charles Band Collection Vol. 1
Old 22nd February 2009, 05:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love to see a decent release of The Gate and it's sequel. Apparently it's getting the remake treatment. No doubt it will be a CGI crapfest aimed at mainsteam American cinema goers.

Kevin Tenney's The Cellar is just crying out for a DVD release! There just isn't enough cheesy monter mayhem out there on DVD!
Old 25th February 2009, 12:36 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I love to see a decent release of The Gate and it's sequel. Apparently it's getting the remake treatment. No doubt it will be a CGI crapfest aimed at mainsteam American cinema goers.

Kevin Tenney's The Cellar is just crying out for a DVD release! There just isn't enough cheesy monter mayhem out there on DVD!
The Gate has been released in Europe in a really nice anamorphic remastered edition. I had the Italian release, but it had non-removeable subs, so I got the Dutch one which was perfect. Never seen part 2 tho, any good?
Old 26th February 2009, 08:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The second wasn't as good as the first, but it did have the same excellent stop-motion effects.
Old 30th March 2010, 02:40 PM
Cult Addict

A few that I would like to throw into the hat are: 1. See No Evil. 2. Terror on Tour. 3. Death Warmed Up (yes, I know its from new zealand!) and 4. Warewolves on Wheels.
Old 30th March 2010, 02:42 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Death Warmed Up once had a very early Arrow Films DVD release - I reminded them of this the other day as I'd like to see a re-release.
Old 30th March 2010, 02:49 PM
Cult Addict

That would be superb Almar! Used to have the old medusa poster on my wall as a kid. A very underated film, great fun as well.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Death Warmed Up once had a very early Arrow Films DVD release - I reminded them of this the other day as I'd like to see a re-release.
God,yeah I remember that.
Around the same time as THE BROOD?
Was it uncut Almar?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

BTW Almar,you watched RITUALS yet?

What are the chances of this on appearing in the UK?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Was it uncut Almar?
Same cuts as the cinema/video print from what I remember. Wouldn't have any problems today.

Like this? Share it using the links below!