Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Why Don't Shameless Release...? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Films from the US of A! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/361-films-us.html)

Peter Neal 13th May 2008 07:14 PM

"Forgotten Slashers box set"! "Forgotten Slashers box set"!

:cool::cool::cool:

There must be hundreds of as-of-yet unreleased on (proper/official) DVD US independent slashers made between 1979-1984.

I'd buy them in a flash - even if it would mean eating bread and water for two months.:p

Almar@Cult Labs 13th May 2008 07:57 PM

Yup - Night of the Demon has been noted! It's on the list to have a look-see. Nice reminder for Scared to Death there as well Reap!

dougal 13th May 2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 5477)
Vigilante has never been cut by the BBFC (even the VHS releases were intact) though it has yet to find a UK DVD release.

The current Optimum DVD of The Exterminator is fully uncut (first time in the UK). The previous Synergy DVD was widescreen but cut by the BBFC.

Yep - too true (note to self - check the BBFC website). Exterminator would look good in a nice yellow sleeve though wouldn't it? It always used to catch the eye in the video shop - the cover reeked of violence.

dougal 13th May 2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 5483)

MARDI GRAS MASSACRE
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS
VAMPIRE AT MIDNIGHT
HONEYMOON HORROR
THE NESTING
NIGHTBEAST
SHOCKWAVES*
BERSERKER
BLOOD BEACH
BLOODY NEW YEAR
DEMENTED
DEVONSVILLE TERROR
FADE TO BLACK*
FINAL EXAM
GALAXINA
GRADUATION DAY*
THE LOVE BUTCHER
HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP
JUST BEFORE DAWN*
MANIAC
MOTEL HELL**
GALAXY OF TERROR**
NAIL GUN MASSACRE
NEW YEARS EVIL
NIGHTMARES
NIGHTMARE IN A DAMGED BRAIN*
SEWAGE BABY
POSSESSION
PREY
THE SENDER
RIPPER
SCARED TO DEATH
SCHIZOID
SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT
THE SLAYER*
SORORITY BABES IN THE SLIMEBALL BOWL-O-RAMA
SPOOKIES*
TERROR AT TENKILLER
TERROR IN THE AISLES
TRICK OR TREAT
VISITING HOURS
ZONE TROOPERS
THE TOOLBOX MURDERS*
SHOGUN ASSASIN*

*-Needs an uncut/decent release
**-owned by mgm but were licensed out to some cheapskate mob a few years ago.....

There some cool sounding stuff in there. The nasties in there would all sell to some extent. Shogun Assassin - a nice uncut print of this would be a seller in the same mould as NOTD - it's a cult film that has transcended the genre thanks to Quentin Tarrantino bigging it up.

Blood beach - is that the one about a worm thing that lives in the sand?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2008 08:38 PM

Yeah,it would look fantastic mate,but I don't think optimum who are owned by Studio Canal lease their titles out to anyone....:(....they used to via various labels,but I think that is why they actually bought optimum to release their VAST catalogue themselves....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2008 08:42 PM

GALAXINA would look good is a Shameless sleeve;)as would the superb MONSTER/HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP.....anyone know who holds the rights?
The r1 version I have is great but slightly cut and the oop Japanese r2 uncut version would require a mortgage broker to buy now...:mad:

gax 13th May 2008 08:42 PM

the video dead,vamp,society,from a whisper to a scream,Q - The Winged Serpent,freaky fairy tales.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2008 08:43 PM

Al,why did MGM lease MOTEL HELL,GALAXY OF TERROR,EMPIRE OF THE ANTS and BURNT OFFERINGS to ILM a few years ago?Is this a route you'd be willing to go?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2008 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gax (Post 5494)
the video dead,vamp,society,from a whisper to a scream,Q - The Winged Serpent,freaky fairy tales.

Region 4 Australian release.....excellent artwork...;)...as is MOTEL HELL....this is the versions I have...:woot:

vincenzo 13th May 2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VideoFluffyBunny (Post 5479)
Which version of The Boogeyman are you on about as all the ones I know of are cut!!

Which Region exactly ?

1. Lommel's The Bogey Man.
2. The Vipco release is uncut.
3. Region 2 (otherwise why would the BBFC cut it?).