Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2008, 10:04 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Films from the US of A!

This recommendations section of the site is heaving with films we'd love to put out but it's a slow process tracking down rights. Cannes is coming up though and that would offer a potential chance to start looking at films from the US of A because the idea was never to exclusively release Italian product - it was just a good place to start and as time goes on we need to look elsewhere to keep the quality and interest up. I certainly can recall many a good video renter from the 80s I'd love to see again - like a pile of those Charles Band Empire Pictures movies right through to little obscurities like The Video Dead.

Anyone out there got some forgotten US classics they'd like to see again - I'm thinking mainly from the 70s and 80s - everything seemed to turn to shit from the 90s onwards but then I'm a grumbly old git!
Old 13th May 2008, 11:27 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

How about the cheesy but irresistable Slaughter High.
Old 13th May 2008, 11:28 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

I'd love to see a good release of Tibor Takacs' 1987 horror THE GATE! Starring a young Stephen Dorff and packed with brilliant 80's stop motion effects, the old R2 release looks like a vhs transfer. I've got a European copy but it's got non removeable subs. Kinda mainstream for Shameless, but I love it.
Old 13th May 2008, 11:30 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

See this is what I mean! I've been racking my brain trying to picture my old video collection and the old stores I used to frequent and those two had slipped off my radar - Slaughter High - Vestron - maroon box!

Scary!
Old 13th May 2008, 11:31 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

How about The Kindred then? Just cos I've always wanted to see it!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th May 2008, 11:34 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Entertainment in Video - nasty little sleeve!

This was entertaining but not seen it in years - I remember it was uber-goopy rather than scary - had a few moments of tension though. Anyone revisited this one of late?
Old 13th May 2008, 11:36 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Any Jeff Leiberman movie too, like Blue Sunshine, Squirm or Just Before Dawn? I don't think any of them are out over here, and the Shriek Show SE DVD of Just Before Dawn has come under criticism for being a cut version. Or hell, what about Pumpkinhead, or is that owned by a major?
Old 13th May 2008, 11:38 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Entertainment in Video - nasty little sleeve!
It looks like it was done by the guy who did those Palace releases, like Evil Dead 2, Creepers, Hills Have Eyes and Edge of Sanity.
Old 13th May 2008, 11:40 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I think Pumpkinhead rights are with Contender - I'm pretty sure it's sold all the copies it ever will. Right little timewarp this thread!
Old 13th May 2008, 11:50 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I still have the old Vestron vid of Slaughter High. Cut alas (32 secs) but would easily fly through the BBFC now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!