Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2008, 07:10 AM
Ex-member

There's always Stickam to consider, which is like a chat room with the downside that you get to see everyone's ugly mug.

http://www.stickam.com/
Old 14th September 2008, 06:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
So this idea might a bit be too much too soon, but I've seen the idea implemented on a few forums I'm a member of and it's worked out really well. What about a chatroom? I've no idea how hard or easy it is to set one of these up, but if it was feasible then it might be worth a go, try to get people in for a bit of craic.

On top of that, maybe get some internet radio on the go. I've no idea what way that would work in so far as server space is concerned, but the actual broadcasting seems to be pretty easy on a technical level. There is software out there that allows users to broadcast their tunes from their computer to the wider internet world. The forum members head into the chatroom, we all talk about our favourite films/genre/directors/whatever, whilst listening to the radio, which will be hosted by one of the members of the forum. We could even use Skype to have debates and discussions one on one(or more than one) on the live radio feed. Everyone can get involved on a realtime basis. Imagine having all the great and respected members of the site being involved in realtime discussions, whether via a Skype conversation on the radio, or in the chatroom. It'd be great. Nevermind the general nonsense that would occur.

Again, on a technical level I don't know how easy it would be for the servers to hold up.

Like I say, I've been a part of this type of thing before and it works really well. It could start off as one night a week, and if it becomes popular, then who knows? Could be good.
Quoting my own post, like a prick, but let's be honest it saves me re-writing it.

So I've just finished another music mix for a site I'm involved with, and it got me thinking about Shameless Radio again. Especially now that a new site is in the works. If this could be achieved (and a chatroom would be pretty much essential to the enjoyment of it) it could be fantastic for everyone involved. I don't mind hosting the show initially, i.e playing the music, and once other people know how to and/or become confident enough to host, it could become really popular. Chatroom involvement is pretty much a necessity, it means people are interacting in real time, basically when we're are listening to the radio we're having a laugh together, taking the piss and that.

As I said in my original post, it's worked really well on the other site I'm involved with. Especially the chatroom element. I'd love it to take off here at Shameless. The interaction is really good fun, and even if you don't like the music that's being played it's still a hell of a lot of fun chatting, taking the piss out of whatever's happening.

Thoughts?

Edited to add : With the proper equipment, i.e a headset from a Playstation or Xbox 360, it wouldn't just be music, but the host would also be chatting to the crowd about whatever, the music or films. That's where Skype would come in handy. People could pretty much phone the host real-time and discuss whatever they want, film, music or just bullshit! It's a winner! Who wouldn't want to chat to a Shameless regular, either verbally or in a chatroom?

You know it makes sense.

Last edited by trench; 14th September 2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 14th September 2008, 07:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd be very happy if there were a Shameless chatroom. I remember the old "Mondo Erotico" chatroom myself and others used and despite the odd low there was often a lot of lively discussion going on though of course that depended on who was present. I think with some light moderation this could be a good idea and though I can't say I'd take part loads I'd definitely pop in every now and again for a natter with anyone stupid enough to listen .
Old 14th September 2008, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Here's that mix I was on about in that other post, download it and see what you think : http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrk96y

It's just shy of an hour long and contains a load of different styles, be interesting to get some feedback from here.
Old 23rd October 2008, 10:22 PM
Blogs Moderator

I'm involved in internet radio through a community station in Newport so I could grill my station manager about the technical ins and outs of doing it.

I have my own show so maybe I could do a themed Shameless night sometime.
Old 25th January 2009, 05:31 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

thought id bump this cos i think a chatroom would be a top tits idea!
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'

Like this? Share it using the links below!