Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Would you buy a special Edition of this?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Would you buy a special Edition of this?

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2012, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I do wonder how the Nazi films would fair at the BBFC these days, I also wonder how they'd sell. Would people be afraid to go to the counter to buy these titles? It's not like taking New York Ripper to the counter, some of the Nazi films could raise eyebrows with sales staff.
I wouldn't have a problem – it would be worth doing it just to see if there were any reactions and, if so, what they were!
vipco likes this.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:01 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

When SS Experiment Camp was re released I got the last copy in my local HMV but oddly theyve never restocked it. It was uncut but had no artwork just a plain black sleeve.
Like Nos ive no problem with them and like him as well I to would find it
interesting to see other peoples reactions including the BBFC to the nasty nazi sub genre today .Personally I think reaction would depend more on how the films were marketed than the content of the majority of the actual films themselves.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Wasn't there a very unofficial UK DVD of Love Camp 7 as well ? Now that is a genuinely grimey concentration camp flick...
Yes. It's an absolutely loathsome film, just an excuse to show women being degraded. I'm not usually bothered about these type of films but it left a really nasty taste in my mouth.

There was also an unofficial UK DVD of RED NIGHTS OF THE GESTAPO. Not seen the disc but apparently it was uncut and anamorphic widescreen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lovecamp.jpg (31.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rednights.jpg (78.8 KB, 4 views)
vipco likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ah I saw this in HMV the other week and passed it up, assuming it'd be cut.
It's uncut but apparently sourced from VHS. The first pressings of that DVD actually contained the Laura Gemser film LOVE CAMP (no relation to either LOVE CAMP 7 or the Jess Franco film of the same name).

Old 22nd November 2012, 01:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Yes. It's an absolutely loathsome film, just an excuse to show women being degraded. I'm not usually bothered about these type of films but it left a really nasty taste in my mouth.
It is a thoroughly depressing watch and a really grimy, sleazy and distasteful piece of filmmaking. Definitely not big not clever.
vipco and Pete like this.
Old 22nd November 2012, 03:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think the popularity of the Nazi camp films is waning, one time these films were steeped in myth and were only written about by savvy fanzine editors but nowadays most are readily available and the myth has been thoroughly exploded. For the most part these films are pretty bloodless and one has to wade through an awful lot of flowery Fatherland speeches and second rate war footage to get to some kinky torture. SS Experiment Camp is a perfect example - it's a film people will want to see given it's infamy but the film is totally boring, and disappointment is guaranteed. Shameless should put their energies into something better...
Old 22nd November 2012, 08:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's a relic from a bygone age and I'm not going to tag it with it's V---o N---y label,but due to it's place on the DPP's 39,it WOULD sell.
And anyway,if Shameless can repackage films like Amsterdamned and House With The Laughing Windows,then surely they could put a bit of time into this?

From a business pov,this would be a good investment.
Especially if adorned with that artwork which,let's be honest,caused all the controversy back in the eighties to start with.

New York Ripper used to be Shameless's best seller.
I'm willing to bet that Cannibal Holocaust has now overtaken that,even in an animal-cruelty-free edit.
Why?
It's notoriety.
It's place on a so-called establishment's no-no list.
The inclusion of it's moral-crusader-baiting artwork.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well said Reaper.
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The thing with CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and NYR is that they are good movies - SS EXPERIMENT CAMP is not. And even if you don't rate them you could still find things about them to admire. There is nothing good to say about SS EXPERIMENT CAMP. It's abysmal beyond belief. I want Shameless to release films that are actually half decent and not just because they have good artwork. (Also I recall Almar saying that NYR was overtaken by FLAVIA THE HERETIC as Shameless best seller proving that notoriety isn't guaranteed to sell)

I think the fact this has more votes against than any other film that's been suggested on here speaks volumes.
vipco likes this.

Last edited by Pete; 23rd November 2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 23rd November 2012, 05:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If Shameless wanted to release a Sergio Garrone movie then it should be DJANGO THE BASTARD. Because A) It's actually good (you'd find hard to believe it's from the same man who directed those nazisploitation films) and B) With the Tarantino film coming up people are going to want to see the originals and I'm willing to bet that it'd do more business in that short time than SS EXPERIMENT would over a few years.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!